18.

Omniscient

It had been almost a week and Alani was finally being released from the hospital today. She sat on the bed fiddling with her fingers as she thought of a way to pay for the expenses of her surgery, hospital bill, and the many nights she'd planned on staying in a hotel.

"Um..August after we leave could you um...take me to the bank? And also there's some hotels not to far from here an-"

"Wait whea' is dis goin? A hotel, fa' who?" August frowned.

"Well me..I need somewhere to stay of course." She said.

"Yes..and das why you stayin wit' me. I kno' you'on expect me ta jus' drop you off at a hotel an-"

Alani frowned, zoning out all that August was saying to her. All she could think about was staying with him. That would be hard for her considering all of her insecurities. Hell, she didn't even want not one part of her seen by August now, living with him would mean he'd see her everyday.

"No! I can't do that August. I uh...I'm sure you'd want your privacy and..." She paused trying to find yet another reason for her not to go home with August. ", you've just already done so much for me."

"Well lemme do some more."

"No I can't. And I'd like to do some things for myself." She said, knowing that living by herself in a hotel wouldn't be easy at all.

What am I even thinking?

"But you can't do dat at the moment mama, you gone need help gettin aroun'."

"No." Alani looked down. "No I can't August honestly. And..what about your girlfriend I'm sure she wouldn't want me there. I can stay by my-"

"My girlfriend?" August questioned.

"Y-yeah, that girl. I-I thought she was your girlfriend." Alani frowned .

"Kylie, nah she was just a friend."

"O-oh." Alani said, catching on to his 'was'.

"Look, jus' stay wit' me mama, at least until ya able ta get aroun' on ya own. I promise you it's no problem. I want ta do dis fa you."

Alani sighed, pondering for a minute.

You obviously can't live by yourself Alani.

"Okay." She finally agreed.

"Good, thank you." August nodded.

Alani sighed, thinking once again.

"You need help puttin them on?" August asked Alani, referring to the new clothes he'd just brought her to wear.

"No, I got it. Just uh..help me into the bathroom please?" She asked.

August stood and helped her into the bathroom. She then shut the door behind her. After struggling to put her clothes on by herself, Alani exited the bathroom. Sitting back down on the bed she sighed.

A nurse then knocked on the door and walked in, pushing an empty wheel chair. "Hi sweetie. How are you today?"

"I'm living." Alani shrugged.