Chapter 3

"Hey, wake up newbie."

I felt someone nudging me as I came out of my dreamland. My eyes flickered open and I found myself back in the airplane seat. The people, that were once seated quietly, were now standing up and scurrying to the exit.

"Where are we?" I asked, looking up to find Suga reaching up for our bags.

"Paris, newbie. We're in Paris." He replied, his attention full on the bags.

We finally got out of the airplane and passed through the passport check. Outside, we were greeted by the cool breeze of early Spring. Suga hailed a cab and gave the driver the address to the apartment we would be staying in. To be honest, I would've liked to stay at a hotel, but leader Kim started a rant about how we need to save money. So in the end, I was told we will be living in a one bedroom apartment. Yes, only one bedroom, meaning one of us will sleep on the couch whilst the other takes the bed.

The drive to the apartment was silent and so was the elevator trip. The apartment was all the way at the top, because that was the only one available. Once I unlocked the door, Suga strutted in and crushed on the couch – leaving me to drag the suitcases in. They weren't heavy, because we didn't pack much since the mission won't take too long to complete. Either way, I only packed a couple of days worth of clothes, that should be enough. Right?

After much difficulty in contemplating on what to do now, I decide to head for the shower. However, once I got to door; Suga got up from the couch and pondered towards the bathroom too. I was left dumbfounded when he closed the door in my face.

Who does he think he is?! How can someone be so rude? I pouted and stormed into the kitchen. It was quite small, but the cupboards were already been filled with all the things we requested. I searched for my number one stress reliever: chocolate! I opened a cupboard at random and found a colourful, large pack of jelly beans. This was definitely not something I would request; I guess it must be agent Suga's.

Deciding it's none of my concern, I placed the packet back in the cupboard. – just as I heard the bathroom door opening. I walked into room, only to shield my eyes once I get there. In the room, sitting on the couch again, was a shirtless, wet-haired man. He turned to me and motioned for me to sit down, his face blank. I obliged and sat on the opposite side of him.

"We need to talk about who will be sleeping on the bed, and who will sleep on the couch. I suggest we take turns. I'll sleep on the bed the first night-"

"Why do you sleep on the bed first?" I interrupted, receiving a glare from the male.

"Because I'm the superior one here." He said.

"But I'm the newbie." I argued, keeping my poker face on.

"Which is exactly why you will sleep on the couch. That's all for today-"

"No." I said.

"No?" He repeated my statement, this time in a question. He chuckled before continuing. "Fine, then let's flip for it?"

I nodded in return.

"If it's heads, you sleep in the bed. If it's tails, I do." Suga said, before flipping the coin and covering it with his hand when it lands. I await in anticipation whilst he uncovers the coin.

My face darkened once I saw the result.

I guess I sleep on the couch tonight.