Chapter16~ No Other

VINCE'S POV

"Aren't you going to take a sleep?" I felt a hand on my shoulder. It's Fyr.

I gently squeezed Spark's hand, "I don't want to miss every moment that I could spend my time with her." I spoke without looking at Fyr because the more I look at her, the more I remember Spark.

"You're killing yourself. We're here to guard Spark while your asleep.." she said persuasively.

I smiled sarcastically, "and let Aldrin go near her? No way."

"Don't be selfish.." she said with a tone.

"Where are the others?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

"Vince, it has been one day since she's asleep,let yourself sleep and rest. I promise never to let anyone enter the room. You have so many things to know and what you are doing is not helping at all." she reprimanded me.

"Just because something happened between us doesn't give you any credits to command me." I don't want to sound harsh but I don't want to look in any direcctions. I just want to look at her forever, if looks could wake a person then I'll always stare at her to wake her up.

I felt her hand patted my shoulder, "That's sooo way before, I don't have the right to command you but I'm only trying to help and advice you in behalf of my twin. I know I have done a lot mistakes to her but please, the war haven't started and we need to protect her. How can you do that if you've spent so much energy to your fear?"

"I didn't want this to happen.."

"No one likes to be in your situation but everything comes to us for a reason. Get some sleep and I'll wake you up when Tyler fully understand what Spark has read." How can they be so optimistic in times like this?

"Okay.. I'll try to sleep and make sure that, that Aldrin will not lay a finger on her."

"Sure, I will." She said and left the room.

    I looked at my mate. When is she going to wake up? I want her back because I have no one else to offer the love inside me, only to her. I gently climbed up to bed and lay beside her side. I snaked my arm on her waist. I never thought my life would be this difficult. With that thought running inside my head, I fell asleep beside my mate who is tied on my bed.

    I woke up due to the pain I felt on my chest. I opened my eyes very slowly and I saw Amanda with her wof's eyes, looking intently in my chest. I tried to move but I felt so paralyzed. What the hell is happening?

"Damn! What are you doing?" I said in a hoarse voice because of the pain.

"Your wound, it's not healing." She said, still focused on my wound.

"W-why?" I felt her put something on my chest with force.

"I don't know, it must be because it came from Alpha."

"W-where's Fyrilyn?" I asked as I tried not to recognize the pain.

"With the others in the living room, trying to decipher the real message behind the translated scripture..." she said and I felt her push my chest and I groaned in pain.

"What the hell are you doing?!" My wolf and I spoke in unison.

"I'm trying to heal it! If this does not heal in two days, you'll be dead."

"I won't and will never die." I said as I took a look at the girl beside me. I wonder where she is right now.

"Our immortality has limits Vince and you are not an excemption."

"I know but I'll try my best not to die because I know there's a life in the future that is waiting for me to reunite with my mate and that's my absolute goal." I ignored the pain and let Amanda heal my wound. The good memories I have with Spark helped me feel no pain.

    After Amanda put a gauge on my wound, I went downstairs to see the pack member. They're all sitting quietly in the conference table with the glowing scripture and book. Tyler lookes troubled and the others looked terribly sad. Amanda sat beside Tyler.

"Tell him." she told Tyler.

I looked at the table and recognize something different, "Why is the scroll glowing like fire?" I asked.

Fyr startedto let her tears escape from her eyes. Tyler looked at me, "Spark's life is in trouble. Once that scroll is burned into ashes because of its glow", he pointed at the scroll, he tried to touch it but it was too hot that none of us can hold anymore, "Spark's life will fade slowly but fortunately, since the book wasn't revealed yet, it makes Spark's life safe."

I nodded, "That's great, that's great."

"I have something to say!" Clint's hand raised up like he's sitting inside a classroom.

"What is it?" Aldrin asked.

Clint stood up, "No offense to all the alphas in this pack," he said while looking us, the three minor alphas in the pack, "could you all please! For now, just now! Stop fighting for Spark and get your heads on the game! I mean, war is already beneath us and when it rise, which probably will, it will tear the pack apart and how can we protect alpha if we are already engaging war opposing to each member of this pack?!" Clint sounded very omega and I have to admit he has the biggest point. I agree with him.

"I agree to that.." Aldrin spoke first.

"Me too.." Tyler said as he shaked hands with Aldrin.

"I also agree but just this time..." I said as I shaked both of their hands. Everyone became silent again and I took the oppurtunity to speak, "My omega will arrive here by dawn. I called him to help us plan for our defense and he's an expert in war. He has served three generations of Alpha and I want us to be prepared of the inevitable."

"Master, I want to help prepare for the war." Ashley said, breaking her silence.

"We all will help." I said as I nod, giving her my permission.

"No, I'm not letting you.." Aldrin spoke while he looked intently at Ashley.

"You don't hold my decision and I'm doing this on my own will and not out of orders so back off!" she barked at Aldrin.

"Omega, excused us for a moment. Ashley and I need to talk." Aldrin asked and I nod, granting their excuse.

"So I guess we are all settled, might us well relax yourself and prepare what you need to prepare for yourselves." I said and dismissed them all. I hurriedly went back to my room where my mate is sleeping very deeply.

    I sat down beside the bed and played her hand. I entwined my hand to her hand. It fits exactly. I don't want to lose her, there's still so much in life that we haven't done yet, too many adventures unexplored and an endless love unexpressed. I'm doing the best I  can to save her and protect her. And most of all, I'm doing this because I love her so much, it pains me to see her suffering.