Greg's Prologue

My ears are ringing from the music blaring in my ears and the screams that need to be silenced.  I usually don’t do this during the day, but
today is different.  I can’t live another day.  No one left; no friends or family left, and no Prince Charming to hold me and tell me he loves me.             I scream in pain as I take the first cut.  After the blood runs down onto my white carpeting, I know that this will be my last day.
            The second cut is more pleasure and release then pain, and the pain decreases as more cuts are made.  I need to switch arms because cuts are up to my fore-arm, and the blade is slipping out of my hands.
            I soon have the same amount of cuts on each arm, but I still hear the screams loud and clear.  “What the hell?” I scream to myself and stop.  I know what must happen.  Today, I must die.
            I grab the knife I had next to me as I set the blade down.  I place the blade at my throat and slit it.  The door busts down before I can make another in my neck.  It was my older sister, Cara.  She was already on the phone with 911. 
            “I don’t know what is co---,”  she stopped.  “Holy shit Greg!  He has slits all up his arms and a slit in his neck.  Send a fucking ambulance, now!” She hung up with the police and stared at me.  A tear streamed down her face.  She knew.  Just by looking at my scars and my eyes.  She knew this was intentional.  “Don’t worry, Greggy.  You’re gonna be okay.”                                                                                                                 Her voice was unsure.  That was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.