Chapter 13: They should be illegally blonde.

A/N at the end of every chapter. Please read x

And summary for my new werewolf story at the end x 

---Schroll down to continue---

Chapter 13: They should be illegally blonde.

-Megan's POV-

  This was beyond amusing.

  I could actually feel Everett's frustration in my mind, considering we were bonded by the pack-link. And I could see Evangeline trying to fight back a blush from her already pink face. Her lips were a little swollen, which made me know that something happened with my cousin back in the pack house.

  Being the nosy me, I was determined to find out.

  I wasn't trying to pry or anything; but nobody besides Caroline or Curtis understood what a big deal it was for Everett to actually be feeling something. After the unforgivable incident that killed both my uncle and aunt...

  Everett never was the same. During the first few weeks to months, you could tell that he was trying. Trying his best to stay strong for his friends and his pack. He opened up a couple of times when Curtis, Caroline or I asked him how he was holding up. He didn't lie at first; saying that he was trying to put up with the loss of his parents, but he knew the pain would subside sooner or later.

  But that was only the beginning of it all. After a while, you could see his green eyes losing its mischief and laughter; being replaced by nothing but utter bitter and emptiness. And when the 3 of us asked him again, he'd calmly say he was fine and he didn't need sympathy. After that we barely talked, and in ways he was more of a stranger than a cousin or friend.

  The elderly members of the Celestial's looked down on him. After all, Everett was only 16. He was the youngest wolf to take on the Alpha title in the history of werewolves. In return, you could say that he didn't have the choice. In order to gain respect from the pack; he sacrificed having to live the life of how a normal teenager should've been living.

  Now you'd understand why Everett finding his mate was such a big deal. For the first time in 5 years, our Alpha actually had some emotion in his eyes that wasn't anger, pain or bitterness.

  "You're smiling. Stop smiling. It's creepy. Creepo."

  My gaze snapped to the passenger seat, where I was calmly steering the car towards Celestial High, while Evangeline sat beside me, watching as the scenery rolled by. Currently, her stormy gray eyes were narrowed into slits as she glared at me suspiciously.

  "I'm not smiling; and I am certainly not a creep," I said, though my lips twitched into a grin anyway.

  She rolled her eyes, and even then, she looked beautiful.

  Really, I wouldn't be surprised if a guy walked up - and would probably be punched by Everett later - to her and said, 'Do you need a doctor? Cause it looks like you just fell out of heaven.'

  I wasn't exagerating. Everett was beyond lucky to have her as his mate. I was never really insecure about my looks, because I was fully satisfied with my reddish brown hair and chocolate shaded eyes; but Evangeline seemed to literally glow when I stood beside her. She looked exactly like that; like an angel. 

  Even though Everett had made her dress up in my most conservative clothes, calling me at 7 in the morning and demanding for something that could cover up a lot, she would certainly gain attention from the student body, much to Everett's dislike.