Chapter 12: Stupid mutt.

A/N at the end of every chapter. Please read x 

---Schroll down to continue---

Chapter 12: Stupid mutt.

-Evangeline’s POV- 

  I couldn’t sleep.

  My eyes were glued straight to the ceiling, whereas my thoughts ran around my head like a marathon. The night was still. I could feel the coolness of the bed sheets on my skin, which was still covered in the Alpha’s large gray T-shirt, though I had swapped into a pair of his boxers an hour before.

  Everett himself was pressed beside me, his arm around my flat waist. I could feel his warm breath fan against my neck, where his head was tucked. The evenness of his breathing informed me that he was fast asleep.

  I wished I could shift into slumber, as did he. But no. My mind wouldn’t stop cart-wheeling with the new facts in my brain.

  It was about an hour after he had opened up to me. 

*Flashback*

    “Celestial Scars was attacked by rogues on my 16th birthday. And guess what? They raped and killed my mother, right in front of my father. And you want to know what he did to handle the loss of his mate? He killed himself.”

  I stared at him in shock, words failing in my mouth.

  “Is that enough to explain to you as to why I hate rogues so damn much?” The Alpha’s eyes were pitch black, emotionless and cold. I hated that they were so empty. Now that I thought about it, whenever he looked at me, his irises were filled with adoration, longing even, and filled with hidden lust. 

  I liked that. But now there was nothing but sheer darkness.

  It hurt.

  “They shouldn’t even have the title as wolves,” He growled loudly, “Rogue’s disgust me. They’re brutal, violent, and they don’t think before they act. The only thing they’re capable of doing is destroying anything in their twisted eyes. I’ve killed many of those bastards in my life, Evangeline. And I am not ashamed of my actions,” He finished his confession my smashing his fist onto the marble counter top in the kitchen. The action was so loud and unexpected, sending echoes reflecting off the silent pack house, it made me jump in surprise and slight fear.

  Everett must’ve noticed my jumpiness through his blind eyes for they instantly softened with regret. He climbed out of his chair and towards me, where I was frozen on my own seat. 

  He wrapped his arms around my back, crashing me against his chest.

  “I’m sorry,” He whispered into my hair, “It’s not your fault. I have no right to take out my anger on you.”

  When I didn’t respond, he pulled away, placing his hands on my shoulders and staring into my eyes. As I stared back into his orbs that where melting into its original green, he sighed. 

  “Please don’t look at me like that, Evangeline,” He murmured, “You look afraid of me. I hate that.”

  His words sent sense back into my head as I relaxed in his arms. 

  “I’m sorry,” I whispered back, my voice cracking, “I didn’t know about your parents-” His body stiffened slightly at those verbs, “I shouldn’t have taunted you about the rogue issue.”

  Everett sighed into my hair, “Don’t worry about it,” He replied, “You’d have found out anyway.”

  “Come on,” He told me with a slight smile, one that didn’t really reach his eyes, “It’s passed midnight. We should get some rest. You have school tomorrow.”