Chapter 24 - Saying Goodbye Part 2

A/n Sorry about mistakes my email is messed up and I cant get ahold.of.my editor. I tried to proofread and changed mistakes but there still.is some so sorry but enjoy.

**

Chapter 24 - Saying Goodbye Part 2

Melissa's POV

I broke from the kiss and foolowed Jonathan's eyes to look at a hurt Jesse. I was about to walk away when a hand tightened around mine.

"Melissa.." Jonathan started but I stopped him.

"No, Jonathan it was just a kiss. I love you but only has a friend and father to our childern." I said with a snap in my voice.

I saw the pain flash through his eyes. He was about to say something but if on cue Haley and Liam walked in with the twins.

"Melissa what's wrong with Jesse?" Haley asked until her eyes landed on Jonathan.

"Jonathan." She squealed in exciment and curisoty.

I backed away and Liam caught my arm. I turned my attention to him.

"Melissa go talk to him." Liam said.

With that I nodded my head and Liam let go of my arm and I ran to find Jesse. I pushed my way through the hallway, running into nurses as I made my way to the front doors. The doors slid open and I saw his brown air.

"Jesse." I said as my voiced cracked.

He turned to me with blood red eyes. I could tell he had been crying but I had a feeling most of it wasn't because of me.

"This kiss didn't..." I started but got cut offf by Jesse's broken voiced stepped in.

"I know you still love him a little." He said and I could see the pain flash in his eye.

"But I love you more." I said as I moved closer to him.

He didn't move back so I continued to move towards him until I was close enough to wrap my hands around him,which I did. He didn't retract he fell into my shoulder and cried.

"Jesse what's wrong?" I asked as I rubbed the back of his back.

He looked up at me and then with alot of tears told me about Jessica. My heart broke for him he had loved somone so much but she slipped away from him.

"Thats why I knew this would be hard on you if you lost Jonathan. I still know you care for him and I won't blame you for that." Jesse said as he took my hand in his.

I looked up at him and smiled. "But I love you more." I said as I pulled him into a kiss. The kiss was all pasion and a bit of the hurt we both had. It deepened and I let out a slight moan from my mouth. Jesse pulled back and said,"Not here."

I laughed at him and I saw a grin appear on his face. Jesse then stood up and looked down at me. I looked up at him and saw his grin get bigger.

"Melissa I want to ask you something." Jesse said as he took a knee.

I was to shocjed to say anything so I just stared at him.

"I've been wanting to do this for a while but I was nervous and I know now isn't the best time but Melissa will you marry me?" He asked as he pulled out a small box and opened it to reval the ring.

My heart was ponding and I saw worry cross his eye. I quickly yelled yes and a smile crossed his face as he slid the ring on. He picked me, giving me a kiss, and twirling me around.

After he put me down and I caught my breath I said, "Come on I want to tell everyone."

"What about Jonathan?" Jesse asked.

"He is going to now soon or later, and I say sooner." I said as I took his hand and headed back to Jonathan's room.

I looked in the window of Jonathan's room and saw him with the twins. His face was lit up like a christmas tree.

"Looks like Jonathan has fallen in love." Jesse said as he grabbed me.by the waist and pulled me to his chest.

I laughed and said, "How couldn't you fall in love with them. They are my kids."

Jesse chuckled which made his chest move, ticklibg me, making me laugh as well. We moved to the door and stepped inside. All eyes were on us as we made our way to the middle of the room.

"Umm guys we have an announcment." I said and everyone quitened down including the twins.

"Jesse and I are....engaged." I said as I held up my left hand to show off the ring.

Haley and Liam yelled in sync and gave us congrats. My eyes landed on Jonathan's. I looked back uo at Jesse and whispered in his eye. He nodded and then looked at Haley and Liam and said, "Lets get the twins and give them a minute."

Haley walked over and took the twins. With Liam's help with the door they left the room. Jesse looked at me, gave me a quick kiss, and left.

I looked over at Jonathan and smiled. "You knew this would happen." I said as I walked over and took a seat in.the chair.

"I know but I wanted a second chance." He said looking down at the covers.

"Jonathan I gave you a second chance and you blew it. Now I'm giving you another chance to be their for your kids." I said with power in my voice.

He looked up at me and said, "I know and I'm happy about thay. I love them they look so much like me and you."

We both laughed but then his gaze fixed on.me and said, "Where does that leave us?"

My eyes locked with his and I replied, "As friends."

The room feel.silent as Jonathan.looked at, down at the covers, and back at me.

"If thats all I can get I will take it." He said as a smile.appeared on his face. I got.up and gave him a hug. Then as if again on cue Haley, Liam, and Jess with the twins.in.his arms walked.in. Jesse hand me Addison.Marie and Jonathan wanted Aiden. I looked around at my family and friends in the room and sighed. Everything felt right and everything was falling into the right places.