Chapter 17: Boy or Girl

Everyone was staring at me with wide eyes but I really didn't care. Every word I said to Jonathan was the truth and they all knew it. Jonathan was starting at me with wide eyes.

"Melissa." he finally said.

"What?" I asked him which I noticed startled him.

"What happened to you?" he asked as he stepped back a little.

I looked at him with a dumb look and then the rage in me made me stand up and begin to yell.

"What's wrong with me? Isn't it obvious Jonathan it's you." I started to say and I could see the pain flash through his eyes.

"Ever since I saw you at the beach my life has been a f**king roller coaster ride. One minute I'm happy and then the next I feel like my heart has been ripped out and smashed to death. It's all because of you Jonathan." I finished as I felt Jesse put his hand on my shoulder to calm me done.

I looked back at Jonathan and I could tell I had hurt him. To be honest, he deserved it look at what happened to me because of him. I felt Jesse move closer and then he said, "I will call a cab for you Jonathan."

"No it's fine. I'm fine." Jonathan said as he grabbed his coat and then walked out of the door. After he left everything stated quiet for a while, but then we resumed with a Christmas party.

***************************************

Today was the day I found out what the gender of the baby. I was so excited that I had already gotten out of be before Jesse and made breakfast. I could hear Jesse stir around upstairs and then felt him behind me.

"Somebody is an early bird today." he whispered in my ear as I put the eggs on a plate.

"Just so anxious I had to do something." I said as I turned around to face him.

"You know at Christmas when you were yelling at Jonathan?" he asked me.

I was trying to forget but now that he reminded me it came back to memory.

"Yes." I answered

"We'll I thought you getting really angry was hot and a turn on." he said with a laugh as his forehead was pressed against mine.

"You are such a ..... such a boy." I said as I pushed him away playfully.

He laughed and then headed back upstairs to get dressed. I was waiting downstairs at the kitchen table for him. With both ate and laughed together. I looked back at Jesse an realized I was really grateful to have him in my life. I try to imagined what I would be like without him. It hurt much to try. I looked down at my phone and realized we had to get going to make it to my appointment.

****************************************

We made it to the appointment and were waiting in a room for my doctor. I looked over at Jesse and saw him pacing the room.

"What are you worried about you don't have to feel that could ass gel." I said as I heard him laugh.

"I know it isn't my child but I'm anxious to find out if its a boy or girl." he said as he moved over to me.

"This child will always be yours I would rather you be his father than Jonathan." I said as I cupped his face I my hand.

The doctor walked in and began with the same questions.

'Was I exercising?'

'What have I been eating'

And more and more after those.

He finally got the gel and then we were about to see what sex the baby would be.

Jesse came next to me and grabbed my hand. I looked over and smiled at him. We both looked back up at the doctor.

"Well it looks to be a girl." the doctor said as he was till moving the thing on my stomach.

I looked over at Jesse saw the biggest grin on his face but then it turned into a puzzled look as he was looking at the screen. My heart started to beat fast as I looked towards the doctor.

"Melissa looks like you having twins. Fraternal twins." the doctor said.

My mouth flew right open and in my head I was thinking,

'I'm going to have twins. A boy and a girl.'

Then it hit me!

'I was going to have twins.'