Chapter 23: Saying Goodbye Part 1

Jesse's POV

My mind was racing as I pulled into the cemetery I told myself that I would never come back but here I am. I stopped the car and let out a deep breathe before stepping out of the car. I walked up between the headstones and stopped when I saw her name. 'Jessica Ann Montgomery'

Melissa's POV

Haley had left because they needed her for Jonathan. As soon as she left the nurse came in with Aiden and Addison Marie because they were hungry and since I was better and they were healthy that could stay in the room with me. The nurse who had light silver hair handed me the twins and then left. I began to feed them when Haley walked back in her eyes were so red and she was crying.

"Haley what's wrong?" I asked with nerves in my voice.

"Its Jonathan, they are going to cut off his life support if he doesn't wake up within the next 4 hours." Haley said as I saw tears glistening in her eyes.

I never replied to her I just look down at the twins and thought of them never knowing their father.

"Haley is he allowed visitors?" I asked as the twins got done feeding.

"Yes he is, they won't everyone to say goodbye in case he doesn't wake up." Haley said as Liam walked in to come sit with her.

I handed the twins over to them, grabbed the bag that Jesse brought with extra clothes and entered the bathroom. Once I changed I walked back out to the room and asked, "What's his room number?"

" 214 on the second floor." Haley replied as she picked up her ringing phone.

I knew it was my mom calling to tell Haley how Caden was doing. Since I knew the room number I gave my babies a kiss on their forheads, waved bye to Haley, and left to go see Jonathan.

Jesse's POV

Tears escaped my eyes as I feel to my.knees in front of her headstone. I just sat there as the memories came flooding back.

*FlashBlack*

I saw her standing with a bunch of her friends laughing and giggling with one another. I was with my friends and walked away to go and talk to her. She laughed with her friends while I walked over. I noticed her soft brown hair that fall to the middle of her back and then she turned around to face me. I stopped her dark blue eyes pireced through mine and I melted.

I got her away from her friends and we had a fanstatic day with one another.

1 year later

Jessica and I had spent so much time together it was unbelivable. We already.moved in with one another and tonight was the night I was going to ask to marry me. I had told her to meet me at her favorite restarunt at 7 wearing the new dress at home.

I waited and a half hour went by and my phone buzzed. I looked at the caller ID and it was Jessica's mother.

"Yes Mrs. Montgomery." I said as I wonder why should would call me.

"Jesse, Jessica has been in a car accident come to the hospital now." Jessica's mother said and then.the line went dead.

I hurried to my car and raced to the hospital. I saw both her parents sitting outside of a room and her mother was crying.

I walked up to them as I felt tears form.in my eyes. Her father explained to me that the impact was rough on her head and she feel into a coma. They had her on life support but only for 48 hours. I walked into the room and feel.to my knees when I was near the bed. The ring fell out of my.pocket and I heard the box clatter to the floor.

The next 47 hours were hell but the last house was worse then hell. The doctors explained everything to us and then we had to say.our goodbyes. I stayed with Jessica until the end. I grabbed hold of her hand, the doctor turn off the life support, and then her hand went limp in mine.

*Flashback Over*

Melissa's POV

I had made it to Jonathan's room. I could already hear the monitors beeping. I opened up the door to find a very pale Jonathan. At first it looked like he wasn't breathing until I saw his chest move.

I walked over to the chair and looked out at the windows were I saw nurses walking by and going to desks.

I took hold of Jonathan's hand and let the tears come out. "Jonathan listen to me I know why you came. I...m shocked that you wanted to be here but you aren't and those kids, our kids need you. I know that you f**ked up with me and we can't go back but I'm willing to be friends for the children they need you Jonathan. I....i need you." I said as the words tumbled out of.my.mouth and then came the tears.

Jonathan's POV

I didn't know where I was the room was black. I could barely feel my heartbeat. I couldn't see anything and then I felt a pain in my chest. A bright light shinned and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was dead or was dying. I reached out to touch the light when I heard her voice. I stopped and heard her say,"The babies they need you. I... I need you." And then I heard her crying suddely a the light flashed and I blacked out.

Melissa's POV

I was still crying when I felt Jonathan's hand tighten around me. I looked up and saw his eyes flutter and then his blue eyes focused on me.

"Melissa?" he said in a cracked voice.

"Jonathan." I said as I got up and.grabbed him in a hug.

"Careful." he said and.i retracted back, but not before he wiped a tear from my eyes.

He cupped my cheek in his hand and moved me closer.

"Jonathan, no." I protesed but his lips crashed into mine.

He pulled back and looked over out the window. I looked over in his direction and saw Jesse. He looked like he had been crying. He looked at me and then walked away.