Chapter 22: Revaling

This chapter is unedited. Sorry. Please excuse mistakes.

Also my book trailer was made look over to the side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And this chapter is dedicated to the person who made the trailer @wefariwe64

***************************************************

Haley and I had finally stopped crying. She sit down in the chair Jesse was in and explained a little more of the situation to me. My eyes looked blood red as did Haley’s. We sat and talked a little bit longer before Jesse and Liam came back into the room.

“Hey, babe how are you doing?” Jesse asked as he came to my other side and kissed my hand.

Melissa just smiled at Jesse when Liam said, “Haley they need to talk to you about Jonathan.”

Haley stood up to leave and right before they left the room I said, “Haley keep me updated please.”

Haley turned around and held up a thumb up as her and Liam left the room. Jesse had walked back over and took a seat in the chair. He took hold of my hand again and rubbed his thumb across it. I laid my head back down on the pillow and just looked over at him. He looked up into my eyes and smiled.

“Jesse can I ask you something?” I asked him making him stop rubbing my hand.

“You know you can ask me anything.” he said as he started to rub my hand again.

“Why… why are you so cool with this?” I asked him after stuttering for a minute.

“Cool with what babe?” he asked as he looked up at me with concern.

“Me crying over Jonathan?” I asked as I slid my hand out of his.

“Because I know even though he hurt you, you still have..” Jesse started but stopped and looked down at the floor.

“Jesse are you okay?” I asked him as I rolled over to reach for his hand.

“I know you still having feelings for and I know what you are going through.” he said as he got up and walked towards the door.

“I’m going to go get you some food.” Jesse said and without another word he walked out of the door.

I was too stunned to say anything. When he said ‘I know what you going through’ it made me think he has a past I don’t know about. I felt suspicion creep into me I needed to know more but it already looked like he was going to cry over just telling me a little about it. My head was pounding, I laid back down on the pillow, and then fell asleep.

Jesse’s POV

I walked out of the room before Melissa could question me. I knew that I had to tell her about this soon but not during this time. Especially since this happened to me before, and I didn’t think I was going to make it through it. Then I met Melissa. I saw her at the club with Jonathan and even though she was with him I felt something. Then when I moved back to do school I was shocked when I saw her passed out in the parking lot. Then after I brought her home I was so worried about her but then she started to get better, we started to connect, and I fell in love again.

I walked into the cafeteria the hospital had and made Melissa a tray with all of this on my mind. I paid the woman and then started to walk back to Melissa’s room. I opened the door and she was asleep. I laid down the tray and the roller table and then left a note saying, ‘Babe work called I had to go. Love you!’

I quickly left the room before she would wake up and walked to my car. My head was racing as I started the engine but I knew what I had to do. I put the car in drive and headed towards somewhere I swore I would never go back.

Melissa’s POV

I woke up and saw the note Jesse left me. Something in me told me he was lying but he needed space I could tell after he little breakdown. I knew that when he was ready to tell me he would. I finished the food Jesse got me and then the door swung open to my room. Liam and Haley came in holding Aiden and Addison Marie. Both of them had the biggest grins on their face that a smiled appeared on my face.

“Look who we found.” Liam said as he handed me Aiden and then Haley handed me Addison Marie.

I looked down at both my babies. Addison looked so much like me but had Jonathan’s deep blue eyes. Aiden looked like a spitting image of Jonathan that it was kind of weird but he is Jonathan’s son.  Both of them had their eyes closed and were asleep. I looked back up at Haley and Liam and could see they needed to tell me something.

“Well, I’m going to take the babies back to the nursery wing and let you and Haley talk.” Liam said as he reached for them.

I handed them over and watched as he left the room for them. My heart was beating as Haley closed the door and looked at me with worry in her eyes. She walked over to the chair beside my bed and took a seat.

“Haley what’s going on?” I asked as my voice cracked at the last word.

Haley looked back up at me and I saw a tear roll down her face and then she said, “Well Jonathan made it through surgery.”

“Well that’s good.” I said with hope in my voice.

“But ummm…” Haley started but tears were already coming out making it hard for her to speak.

“What is it Haley?” I said in desperation which made my voice crack.

Haley wiped the tears and said, “He drunk a lot and it was some strong stuff. So he was apparently pulled into a coma when he wrecked and is still in a coma.” Haley said.

“And what could happen?” I asked as I felt a tear roll down my face.

“They said if he doesn’t pull through then they will have no choice but to cut him off of life support.” Haley said as tears streamed from her eyes.

Those last words stung me and I started to cry to but was trying to pull myself together. I needed to know why he came this way. I need to know if it was for me or for the kids. Either way I needed answers from Jonathan, but right now I was just scared for him