Chapter 18: April Shower

It was now the month of April and Jesse was working more than ever. I barely have had anytime with him. He has been working more and more at the club. They are already talking about promoting him to manager of a club where my family vacationed last summer and where I meet Jesse. This meant moving. I was actually excited to move there. With Jesse being away I decided to help plan Haley's baby shower. Yes!, Liam and Haley finally cracked and had to know what the sex of the baby was. They were going to be accepting a little baby boy.

Haley had called and told me and that's when I decided to tell them about me having twins. Liam and Haley were both excited for me as I was for them. We stayed on the phone and she told me the babies' name would be Caden James Payne. She already knew both the names I had chosen and then she asked a question that shocked me.

"So will you plan my baby shower?" Haley asked.

"Ummm..... what?" I asked again maybe thinking I missed heard something.

"If you plan my baby shower we could have ours around the same time. So it would be double, or triple to shower." she said with a giggle at the end.

"That sounds great." I said.

"Good maybe I can come and visit again so we can plan by May." she said.

"Oh no, you stay there. Your due date is coming soon so I have this." I said with a stern voice.

"Okay, thanks Melissa." she said as I heard her let out a breath.

"You're welcome, Bye Haley." I said as I hung up the phone.

The phone went dead and then our front door opened. Jesse walked in and I could tell something was wrong. I walked over to the door and could see the tension in him.

"Jesse, baby what's wrong?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Babe its a long story." he said as he turned to face me.

Jesse's POV

I left Melissa this morning in the bed. She was sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to wake her up. I left the house and closed the door quietly behind me and headed to the club. I was transferred to this club once I told my manger at the one in Florida I wanted to also finish school. So my boss made the deal to move me to this club. I had also been working extra hours so that I could save up money for our trip and something special. I pulled into the club and drove the to back parking lot.

I stepped out of my car and headed to the inventory room of the club. I had been doing the inventory so much lately I already knew what to do. No one else was here yet and I was just doing my job when I heard clatter come from upstairs. I ignored it at first just thinking someone was coming in from work. The noise came again and then I heard something falling down the stairs. I ran out of the inventory room and saw someone familiar lying on the ground. 

Jonathan.

'What the hell?' I asked myself.

Jonathan started to stir around and I was glad he wasn't dead but I didn't like him either. He started to get up and looked in my direction.

"You're the bastard that took Melissa from me." he said as he stood up.

I instantly could tell he was drunk. His breath was deadly toxic.

"No, she came to me and I actually treated her right." I said standing my ground.

"Yeah, whatever she is just someone who uses people." Jonathan said as he grabbed a bottle from the counter and opened it.

"She has never used anyone, that's you you're talking about." I said as I grabbed the bottle from his hand and placed it back on the counter.

"What the f**k!" he said once the bottle was gone.

"Were you planning on paying for that?" I asked as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"No!" he said.

"Than I suggest you go Jonathan." I said as I started to turn around to head back to the inventory room.

"Yeah, maybe I will go talk to Melissa." he said loud, hoping I would hear him.

My head snapped towards his direction, "Listen hear, she is tired of you and doesn't need the stress of you right now." I said with a threatening voice.

"When I meet her she was just a whore anyway." Jonathan said with a chuckle.

Something just came over me and then I was on top of Jonathan beating the sh*t out of him. He didn't have time to react and I knew he was going to have bruises and definitely a black eye. I don't know how long I was hitting him but I got pulled away and sent into an office. When I finally realized what was going on I noticed my boss yelling at someone holding Jonathan. Then his gaze was brought back to mine.

'Oh, sh*t I'm in trouble.' I told myself.

"Jesse would like to explain to me what the hell happened out there." my boss said as he took a seat.

My boss sort of looked like Channing Tatum but was a little shorter and their faces looked different.

"That's Melissa's ex and he came in here drunk." I was saying till his phone started to ring.

He picked up his phone and answered.

"No, I won't press charges but he isn't allowed back at this club." my boss said as he slammed his phone closed.

"Continue." he said as his gaze settled back on me.

"He was already drunk, I was trying to get him to leave, when he called Melissa a whore and other things. I snapped and then started to beat him up." I said as I looked down at my feet.

My boss just sat there for a while. He was probably think of what to do. Then once again I felt his gaze looking at me.

"Jesse you are one of my best workers, but I can't let this slide," he started to say and I nodded, "but I can tell you that the promotion is still in place so will you accept it?" he asked me?

I looked back up at him and nodded my head.

"Then its decided. You will be fired from here but you will get your new job in Florida when summer begins." he told me.

I didn't reply I just nodded my head. He told me to get my things and leave. I did as I was told and left.

'How was I going to explain this to Melissa?' I told myself as I got into the car. 

"Jesse, baby what's wrong?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Babe its a long story." he said as he turned to face me.

*A/N*

Hope you like the chapter's new one are coming soon!

Thanks for the support and all the votes.  

Also cast list to the side >>>>>>>>>>>>