June 6th

Beau was standing in front of me. I had noticed him across the bar trying to wheel some girl earlier, but decided to stick close to Landon. Things between us had been different, and complicated. After me moping around for a few months, he stopped bringing girls home. He hung out with me whenever I stayed in and became extremely protective of me. I love him, I just didn't want our friendship to get ruined.

"Chelle." He smiled at me and it pulled at my heart. Seeing him hurt, it really did. I was stupid enough to stay with him and believe his words. I just hope he wasn't putting another girl through that. Landon wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him.

"Beau."

"Bennett." Landon wasn't impressed that he wanted to talk. I was the one who ended the relationship but it still took it's toll on me.

"How've you been?" Peachy, Beau. Just peachy.

"Had to take a break from dancing. Fractured a bone in my foot, hence the big ass boot." He gave me a crooked smile and started talking about his season since I last saw him. He was leaving in the morning, going back to California.

"You two look good together."

"Tell her that." He looked down at me smiling.

"It was good seeing you, Chelle. I hope your foot heals quickly." He kissed my cheek and left the bar alone.

You could tell he was upset with himself about what he had done in the past. I'm sure if we had met at a bar or coffee shop when he was single, things would have been a lot different. I would trust him for one thing. And the beginning of our relationship wouldn't have been secret. Most of the other wives still talked to me. They understood how the young guys could be. They were there once.

It was actually funny because on one of my last performances before I hurt myself, they all came to watch me dance. They had my back, but lately everyone's been leaving for the summer.

"Shall we go?" Landon asked me as I set my glass on the bar.

"We shall." I smiled at him, not losing eye contact. "You know, nothing's official or anything isn't really happening yet. But I could move into your bedroom and we could rent mine out." It was the alcohol talking, only he was being serious,

"How about Austin's boy starts paying rent?"

"You are one smart girl." He kissed my temple and I really hate to say this, but I could feel the electricity. Something about out relationship has changed and it was because of Beau.

Maybe I should thank him for realizing the guy I need is right in front of me.

I mean, I couldn't deny it. We danced better together than he ever did with my understudy. The chemistry between us was something you couldn't avoid. I'd known him for however long and he's always been the one to bring home a new girl every week. Now I guess his girl will be waiting for him when he comes home. Every night.

I guess closing a door that's been open far too long, opens one with something better waiting behind it.