December 22nd

The last week has been a blur. Everything since the night that Beau stayed over. He left for a road trip, got back yesterday. I ignored texts, calls, facetimes. He was going home to see his girlfriend for Christmas. In a week, I wouldn't be surprised if he randomly showed up at my apartment.

He just really needed to let this go. As much as I wanted to be with him, I knew that I couldn't keep him entertained for a long time. I wasn't going to get cheated on. I deserved more than that, but whatever. Maybe I'll let him take me on a date. Or he could hang with my roommates and then that would be it.

Of course last night was the final show. It went perfect. My family was in town, my friends were all there, I got a standing ovation. It was a dream come true.

People were talking, saying I could be the next principle, as there were rumors that ours had the chance to perform for Spain's top company. I wouldn't blame her for going, that would be amazing.

I was talking to my family, holding the many bouquets I had gotten for the night. Everyone was staring at someone standing behind me and my mom told me to turn around.

Beau always had perfect timing. At least he was alone this time.

He was holding pink and yellow dahlias. Someone did a little creeping, because I never told him those were my favorites.

"Beau, hi."

"Couldn't miss your last performance."

My family looked at each other, wondering who he was.

"Thanks." I hugged him and he kissed my cheek, handing me the flowers. "These are beautiful. Um, Beau, this is my family. Family, this is Beau. A close friend." With benefits.

"We're going out for desserts after this, do you want to join?" My father asked. This is exactly what I wanted, especially when he still has a girlfriend. Or, I guess I don't know. Don't really trust the kid right now. Could you blame me though?

"I'd love to."

"I have to go find Austin and Landon then change and we can head out."

Beau stayed to talk to my family while I changed out of my costume and into a pair of sweats and a zip up. I really wasn't looking forward to this whole family gathering, but I guess I had to deal with it.

Since I had a month off from dance, I got a milkshake and apple pie. It was wonderful. More so that being drunk would be. Then again, I'm not sure there was enough alcohol to make me comfortable in the current situation.

"Chelle, can we talk?" Beau stopped me at my car.

"Yeah, sure."

"I get back on the 26th. I want to see you. I'll do whatever it takes to get you to trust me that I want you and only you." I took a deep breath, closing my eyes.

I wanted to tell him to get out of my life. I wanted to tell him I didn't want to be with him. I wanted to say every possible thing I could so that maybe, just maybe, he would get the hint that I don't have time to waste on someone that was going to leave.

But I couldn't. I was attached for some ungodly reason. I couldn't tell you why. It wasn't the sex.

Actually, it probably was. That fucking hormone. Of course only women have to deal with attachment issues after sex. It's awesome.

"Beau, I don't think it's a good idea. I don't want to be your rebound and I can't even begin to stress how much I don't want to be cheated on or left when you get bored with me."

"Chelle, I'm not going to do that."

"Once a cheater, always a cheater, Beau. Not to mention, NHL players don't have the best rep when it comes to staying faithful to their girls. I deserve better so you better get to convincing me that you're worth the risk, or you're going to leave your girl for nothing."