January 13th

So I did it. I met his family. Well, almost all of them. His sister didn't like me. She was straight forward about how she didn't like the fact that I was a dancer and was dating his brother. Honestly it felt like she had some superiority complex because she was a hockey player and I am, well, a dancer.

Didn't realize that I was in a competition with her over something so stupid?

Maybe she was just tired of annoying girls falling all over her brother.

Ha. That makes two of us, girl. I wonder if she liked his last girlfriend. I heard she was a model. Or was trying to be one, or something, trying to impress Beau with whatever.

I wasn't trying to impress Beau, though. I was just trying to prove myself in a world that didn't see me because I was standing behind a 5'8" beauty with legs up to there.

Don't get me wrong, I love our principal. She's beautiful and the sweetest dancer I've ever met. Most people step on everyone else in order to make it in this world, but she didn't. She had pure talent.

"Chelle, Chelle are you okay? Your ice cream is melting."

"What? Yeah. Sorry."

"How'd meeting the family go?"

"Oh great. I really enjoyed his parents, his sister didn't like me though. Doesn't like that I'm a dancer."

"And what does she do?"

"Play hockey."

"You could go all Game Plan on her. Bet she wouldn't last as long as the Rock did."

"Can we not talk about torturing my boyfriend's sister? Especially since we're not going to last more than six months together?"

My roommate dropped the conversation and let me pick a scary movie. Beau was out with his family, I was invited but I told him I wanted to just relax for the night.

Good thing Beau is the master of showing up unannounced.

I was getting ready for bed when my door opened. I was standing in the doorway of my bathroom, , brushing my teeth in a pair of spandex and a sports bra.

"Skeleton hands? That's cute." I walked to the bathroom and rinsed with mouth wash before climbing into bed. He stripped off his clothes and climbed next to me. "Are you mad?"

"Not mad, just upset."

"What's wrong?"

"I just- I'm stressed about the try outs. Your family doesn't help the anxiety. I just- I just don't think that you understand how important this is for me. I need to do well. This is my dream, Beau. Meeting your family isn't."

It came out harsh. Maybe that's what he needs. For me to just be honest and stop beating around the bush. I'm happy with him. It may not seem like it, but I am. He's super sweet and he really cares. Or at least that's what it feels like.

"I'm sorry for springing that on you. Just practice tomorrow and I'll bring you dinner after my parents go home. It'll be calm from now until you're less stressed." He kissed my forehead and wrapped me up in his arms.

I like him. It's early in our relationship so of course I can't see us together in the long run. Would we be together in the long run? Would he stay faithful? Would he support me like I support him? Would he care that I might travel with the company when he has his time off? Would this even work if we wanted it to?

He cared, he really did. But you can't blame me for worrying, right?