Soul: Black Blood

Nervously, I stared across the room at Jock.

He was broad shouldered, muscly, and had intense, deep eyes that pierced your soul like a knife. hastily, I looked away. I didn't want Jock to catch me staring. I wouldn't want him too anyway, he might get big headed and think I have a crush on him. Ugh.

 Don't get me wrong, he's a good leader to our little group of misfits, not to mention really, seriously hot, although not my personal type, but his temper was short.

Very short.

He was ex army man, in about his early 20's, late teens. Shaved hair, and tattoos, he was your typical bad boy rebel. His eyes always looked red and bloodshot, and I was 79% sure that he has dots on his arms from where he's done drugs.

His girlfriend Misty (the total opposite of him) is an ex-cheerleader, blonde and fun and full of positivity. Sometimes she was annoying, but she was always there when I needed her.

They were sitting opposite Celeste and Andros, another pairing. It was so twilight sometimes it was freaky. Celeste was my best friend of the group, as she was the one who rescued me from the dangerous trees and shrubbery.

Although her boyfriend Andros sometimes unnevered me with his non-speakyness. Like seriously, it was weird how he looked at me sometimes, like he was a statue.

I mean, he spoke sometimes, but mostly, he just stayed quiet, listening to us all. I bet he knew a lot more than we all gave him credit for.

When I first arrived, I'd got lost and accidentally walked in on Jock and Misty making out on his bed, and he'd thrown a chair at me.

Yeah, spreading the love.

But hey, he'd made sure that my first little vampire steps were good and I owed him for that. Oh, did I not mention?

I'm a vampire.

Don't worry, I'm not all bite-bite. For a two week old vampire, I was pretty tame. Sure I'd had to have my taste of the humans, but aside from that, I didn't want to kill and drain everyone. I'd already come pretty far since I'd got here.

I guess I'd better fill you in on my 'previous' life. Okay, imagine this:

A nerdy girl with longish brown hair goes walking home from a library, alone, in broad daylight at 12:04 pm. She takes a shortcut through her local park (with nice trees and leaves and other vegetation like that), where a supposedly harmless man is sitting on a nice wooden bench.

Innocently, the girl stupidly walks past him, when BAM! That girl feels two firm hands on her shoulders, and teeth marks in her neck. The next thing she knows, she's a member of the exclusive afterlife club: A vampire.

In broad daylight.

Bad combination.

Still, the saddest thing was he stole my library books- yeah, really. So two weeks after my transformation, my parents received an angry letter from a grumpy librarian stating that I owed her books. Still, there was nothing I could do about it.

Live with after-life I guess.

I turned my attention back to Jock. His hand was firmly in Misty's, and I could see that his thumb was rubbing her fingers, comforting her. Misty was watching them with enchanted blue eyes, the love obvious between them.

I envied that.

It had been days since I had seen him. Heard him laugh, run my fingers through his hair, stared into his eyes and counted all the different shaded of brown there. It doesn't really matter now though, it's not like-

"Kali!" A loud voice clamped down on my thoughts, stealing them from me.

"Are you listening?!" Jock growled, scowling at me. I saw Misty whisper reassuringly in his ear, and he loosened up, but he was still tense and still annoyed with me. "You know how important this is, for all of us!"

"Sorry, I guess I was sidetracked" I muttered, and Jock leapt to his feet and marched across to me. He stood towering above me, but I didn't bother getting to my feet. This infuriated him even more, but right now I didn't care.

"You need to listen! It's your fault we're in this mess! We are risking our lives for you!" Jock growled, and I leapt to my feet to. In surprise, he stumbled back, and I marched forwards, using this to my advantage.

"You don't want in, get out. It's always been the deal Jock, so don't make it out like it's some big sacrifice for me, okay?" I reminded him, my tongue spewing venom with every breath I wasted on explaining this to Jock.

"Whatever" Jock muttered, returning to his seat. I did the same, but I kept my eyes on him the whole time, waiting for his next move. He cleared his throat.

"Anyways, the plan is clear. We begin at dusk"

I gulped, considering this.

Nervous?

Just a little bit.

********************************************************************************

The prologue to my first Vampire story RAWR!!!! So, y'know, you could comment and vote and stuff if you liked it, and even if ya didn't it would be appreciated ;D

And I know its short, but I'm copying it from paper that I originally wrote it on. I've tried to add in as much as I can, but its hard, and I don't want to confuse people like I sometimes do.

Note about Dead World:

I will be writing this story at the same time as I write the final part to The Dead World I Live In. So, the first chapter to the third part will be up soon, to any of my DW readers. Love ya guys ;D

Note about Love the Fight:

I have deleted it because hardly anyone read it and I didn't think it was worth continuing. Plus, I got better ideas for better stories. Thanxxx for understanding.

So, hows about them votes and comments?

And maybe a fan too?