23

Stefan's P.O.V.

"Stefan this party needs to be perfect, it's her first birthday and her first birthday party."
"I know Caroline, it'll be fine. I assure you, your control freakiness will ensure this party's perfection." I reassured her as we walked down the high street to find the perfect party decorations.
"To think, our daughter was born almost one year ago." Caroline smiled to herself. I couldn't help myself too. I don't want to be soppy, but I the smile came from me being so in love with her. She's made happier than words can describe, and I don't think she realises what she's done for me, she's made my life better in so many ways. "Stefan!" Caroline called, snapping me out of  my daze.
"Yes my sweet."
"What one?" She held up two packets of candles, each were a different colour to her, to me there was white and well white.
"Can she even blow out candles?" Caroline shrugged.
"For decoration I suppose." I pointed to one of the packets and she smiled. "Great!" We went to pay and left the shop, heading to another one to choose some more gifts.

Elena's P.O.V.

Caroline and Stefan had called me and Damon to babysit our goddaughter while they shopped, we were happy to do it and now we were watching Lexi walk around the living room by herself. "Aw look at her Damon!" I picked her up and bounced her about in my arms. "You're getting so big Lexi, we'll have to stop treating you like a baby soon." Damon laughed which made Lexi giggle.
"Can I take her?" He asked, I nodded and passed Lexi over into his arms.
"Da!" Lexi had squealed as she was securely held in place in her godfather's arms.
"Not Da, Damon."
"Dadada-m." I couldn't help but smile and by the looks of it neither could Damon.
"Close enough." He gave her a massive kiss on her cheek and placed her back on her feet.

A half hour passed and Lexi was cuddled up to me, concentrating on the cartoons on he TV as Bonnie walked in, Damon followed. "Hey Elena. Hey Lexi."
"Hey." I responded, Lexi however was unresponsive. "You alright?" Bonnie nodded.
"Yeah, just need to speak to Caroline about something."
"Oh she's not in, out with Stefan, but they'll be back soon so you could wait."
"Im not sure, Caroline isn't speaking to me right now, cause you know of what happened and Damon mentioned this spell book she wanted, so I came to ask her about it."
"It'll be fine, c'mon." I tried my best to persuade her.
"C'mon Bon Bon, she'll be cool with it." Damon added, Bonnie stood there for a moment before nodding.

Stefan's P.O.V.

We'd just found Lexi some gifts and had laid and were now in the car getting ready to head home. "I'll just text my brother, tell him we're on our way back."
"Okay. I still need to speak to Klaus and Bonnie actually. When should I?" Caroline asked me, I could hear concern in her voice, which was unlike her, she usually faced her problems head on without second thoughts.
"I'd wait until after Lexi's birthday. Let's keep this time happy, I wouldn't like any fights two days before our daughter's first birthday."
"Yeah, you're right. Okay." We drove home in silence. I was worried for Caroline as she wasn't like her normal self today and I know the problems she needed to resolve was the cause. I unlocked the door and I allowed her to walk in before me. "Oh." Was all I heard Caroline say quietly.
"What's wrong Care?"
"Bonnie, what are you doing here?" She asked in the direction of the living room. We walked closer and I found Damon, Elena and Bonnie who had Lexi on her lap.
"Caroline, I came to speak to you, about the spell book."
"Well, I can't now. So I'd like you to leave."
"But Care, I really need to-"
"I can't right now okay! So just get out!" Caroline had raised her voice and Lexi began to cry. I thought Caroline moved to retrieve her crying daughter, but instead she spun on her heel and walked out the door. Slamming it behind her. I ran to pick up Lexi and tried to calm her. I could see tears forming in Bonnie's eyes.
"Hey," I nudged her, "it'll be okay."
"I'm sorry." Was all she said before she left. I put on Lexi's coat and shoes and buckled her into her car seat.
"I'm going to find Caroline." I informed Elena and Damon who nodded in acceptance.
"We'll look too." Elena suggested. I nodded.

Caroline's P.O.V.

"I must admit, I don't know what came over me. A part of me just wants to forgive her and move on, but the other part of me needs time and needs that spell book, I'm so focused on helping Lexi that I'm less focused on helping myself. I'm driving myself insane, and I wish you were here to tell me it'll be okay or just to keep me mentally stable. It's so hard doing this al- without you, I was going to say alone, but I'm not, Stefan is amazing, he's the best father for my child, I couldn't imagine anyone else in his place. I wish you could've met her mum. You would've loved her to pieces-" I heard the snapping of twigs on the ground and instantly turned around to find him standing there, by him I mean Klaus. "What do you want Klaus?"
"The book, times running out."
"I haven't got the stupid spell book. I don't want to do this right now okay, I can't do this right now. Please just leave."
"Not until you tell me what's wrong."
"Nothing. I'm fine." Klaus reached over and tucked a piece of stray hair behind my ear. He shook his head gently.
"No you're not." He whispered. Tears escaped my eyes and fell effortlessly.
"I can't talk about it." Klaus was silent, the whole area was, when all of a sudden a female voice called out my name.

Author's note:

Sorry I didn't put Lexi's birthday in this chapter, it'll be here shortly!!!
Hope you enjoyed and comment who you think the female voice belongs too!!

Lots of love
NR xxxx