22

Stefan's P.O.V

I climbed into bed where Caroline lay, already asleep. Lexi was in her cot also asleep. How could I mess this up. I didn't mean what I said the way Caroline thought I meant. I feel when she went missing that time ago, she ended up being with Klaus, now he comes over to talk to her. I feel there's some information missing. I lay in the dark wanting to hold my girlfriend tight, but I knew she was pissed with me and probably wants to be left alone. I shut my eyes and tried to fall asleep.

"Stefan? You awake?" I felt nudges on shoulder, I opened my eyes and turned around to see Caroline, sitting up in bed with her knees up at her chest.
"Yeah, what's up?"
"I want to go see Klaus, but we need to talk first." At her words I sat up and placed my hand in her knee.
"I'm sorry, I just meant I thought there was more to the story."
"I know, but there isn't. Except the fact Klaus said he'd help us if I get something for him."
"What something?"
"A spell book, Bonnie must have it."
"Why does he want it? What is he up to?" Caroline shrugged, I placed my arm around her and pulled her into my chest. "We'll find it and we'll help Lexi."
"I love you Stefan."
"I love you too."

Damon's P.O.V

I sat on the sofa in Caroline and Stefan's house, sitting opposite them as they fussed over my niece. "I'm here to fix this. Obviously Lexi is alive, but Bonnie is distraught and feels so guilty so could you just forgive her and we can all move on."
"Yes." Stefan said instantly.
"No." I looked at Caroline, she returned the glare.
"Blondie, it wasn't a question or a thing to consider, we are going to forgive her and move on."
"Not until she gives me something."
"What is it you need?" I asked.
"A spell book that contains the spell which got me pregnant."
"Well you can ask Bon Bon yourself, however my work here is done." I stood up and said my goodbyes, leaving my brother and his girlfriend who's beginning to sound a little crazy.

Caroline's P.O.V

I sat with Lexi in my lap, she watched the cartoons on the TV silently, Stefan was out trying to get the books whereabouts from Bonnie, we were desperate to help Lexi, knowing she could live a relatively normal life was our motivation.
I took Lexi off my lap and placed her on her feet. "I thinks it's time to walk little missy." She clutched my knees for support, bouncing up and down giggling to herself.
"Ma-ma." Lexi squealed.
"Lexi! Come to mummy."
"Mmm." Lexi smiled, it's hard to think she was lifeless 24 hours ago, she's so bubbly and smiley.
"Come here Bear." Lexi took a step and another before losing her balance and reaching out for my hands. "You're okay." I assured her as she gripped tightly onto my hands, I let her regain her balance before guiding her across the living room.

Stefan returned a couple hours later with nothing. "Any luck?" Stefan shook his head, I frowned. "Well maybe she's hiding it." I suggested.
"Maybe, I am going to ask Damon and Elena to keep an eye out for it."
"Good idea." Stefan picked up Lexi who sat quietly on the ground playing with her soft toys. "She's walking Stefan!"
"No way, hey Bear wanna show daddy your walking." Lexi wiggled in Stefan's arms and he put her down onto her feet, he then moved backwards until there was a meter between them. "C'mere Bear." Stefan clapped, encouraging her, she took small steps before falling into her father's arms. The moment she reached his arms he picked her up, kissing her on her cheek. "Good girl Lexi! And well done mummy!" I laughed, Stefan lent over and kissed me on my lips. I wrapped my arms around his waist and we stood there silently, all together.

Hey guys!!

Guess what???
Lexi will be 1 soon!!! So comment what you think her 1st birthday party will be like!!!

Love you all..

NR xxx