19

Stefan's P.O.V:

I got off the phone with Elena, arranging for her to bring Bonnie back to help Lexi. She still was lifeless and I couldn't do anything. I sat with Caroline in my arms, she looked like she was sleeping, but she wasn't, instead she stared at our daughter. Still silently crying.

"Care, they are in their way. It'll be okay, do you understand?" I felt her nod, I forced a smile and wrapped Caroline in my arms a little tighter.

Around five minutes later the doorbell rang, Caroline wriggled out of my grasp and shot up and toward the door, I watched as she opened it. A familiar person walked in, it wasn't Bonnie nor was it Elena or my brother. They walked in with a smirk and stopped in front of Lexi.

Bonnie's P.O.V:

"Elena I can't go back! I killed their daughter, they won't want to see me, I assure you." I argued. Elena shook her head.

"You don't understand, they called me to tell you that they want you there. To undo what you did."

"No Elena, you don't get it okay. I can't reverse that spell, the spell is done, she obviously wasn't strong enough, she must have died from exhaustion. Elena I'm sorry." Elena was once again shaking her head.

"Bonnie, who are you right now? The Bonnie I'm talking to right now is not the same Bonnie I was best friends with. The old Bonnie never gave up."

"The old Bonnie isn't gone Elena! Why can't you get that? I can't do anything about it okay. Otherwise I wouldn't have left."

"It is Bonnie, the old you wouldn't let Caroline suffer, she's our best friend and you need to fix this, the old Bonnie would find a way."

"Well I can't,"

"Is it something that happened in the prison world?" I turned to look at Elena.

"What do you mean?"

"Ever since you came back you haven't been yourself."

"If you were trapped there as long as I was. All alone. No one but yourself to talk to, you change. You become a new person to please the only person you can. Yourself. I guess this is who I truly am."

"So that's it. The new Bonnie, the new you. Well until you find a way I don't want to talk to you."

"Elena-"

"Bonnie!" After that I left, I couldn't help who I was now, I went home and started looking for the counter spell.