4

Caroline's P.O.V

"I'm not pregnant, Stefan! I'm a vampire!" I argued.

"I know, which is why this is impossible, but I heard it Caroline." I rolled my eyes.

"You heard what you thought was a baby, vampires are infertile, therefore no baby."

"Think about it Caroline. You feel sick, hear a tiny heartbeat, you are really hungry. It's called morning sickness, a baby's heartbeat and cravings."

"It's called bullshit, Stefan!"

"I'm calling Bonnie."

Bonnie and Elena arrived an hour later, Stefan stayed silent so I could explain. "I might be pregnant."

"That's impossible-" Elena started.

"It's not impossible, Elena." I looked from Elena to Bonnie and back.

"Yes it is Bonnie, vampires are infertile." Elena nodded, but not at my comment at Bonnie's. "What are you guys hiding from me!"

"No, Cara, what are you hiding from us." Elena said.

"Nothing!" Elena looked at Bonnie and shook her head slowly.

"I'm going to tell her Elena." Bonnie added.

I sat opposite Bonnie and Elena who were looking as though something terrible had just occurred. "The night we were camping, like a month ago I did a spell. At Elena's request. Because she and Damon wanted a baby. I thought it would have been selective, I thought only Elena and Damon would be effected, but you must have too, and that means Stefan as well most likely." I looked at Bonnie with my mouth slightly open.

"So I am pregnant."

"Yes. But with who Caroline, Tyler wasn't there that night, plus he's with Liv and you didn't sleep with Damon, he was with me all night."

"If you're implying that I slept with Stefan, you're-"

"Right." I heard Stefan say. I looked at him, but his eyes were fixed on the girls opposite him.

"You two have some explaining to do." Elena spat.

Looking from Stefan to Elena and back I felt my eyes fill with tears. But none fell. I stormed out of the room and headed to the porch that was at back. I sat on the bench that occupied the patio and wiped my tears away. "Caroline?" Stefan said. "Caroline, I'm sorry. I didn't know Elena would react like that. You should explain to her."

"I can't Stefan." He came and sat next to me. I wiped more tears that had fallen down my cheeks and looked up at him. "Every time. That kiss."

"Is that the problem?" He asked.

"No, the kiss was great, it was right. But that day. I was at the cabin with you when my mum was dying. I didn't even say goodbye Stefan! I- and I feel guilty. Every time I think of that day more guilt builds up." By this moment tears rolled down my face rapidly. "I don't want to feel guilty anymore Stefan. There's nothing I can do." I buried my head into Stefan's chest as he wrapped his arms around me, I cried as he rubbed my back.

"Promise me something caroline." I nodded in his T shirt. "Don't turn off your humanity. Be strong okay, we are all here for you."

"I promise, Stefan."

Elena's P.O.V

I walked onto the patio when I heard Caroline and Stefan had stopped speaking. I'd overheard what was being said and I too felt guilty. "Caroline." She and Stefan looked up at me. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I reacted like that. I'm so sorry." She nodded.

"It's okay Elena, I can understand why you're mad."

"But I'm not mad Cara. You're my best friend, I want you to be happy, and if Stefan makes you happy then I'll be okay with it. And Stefan, the same goes to you, I want you to be happy, if Caroline makes you happy then it's okay."

"Thank you Elena." Stefan said, I smiled and looked at Caroline.

"You shouldn't feel guilty about your mum Cara, you were doing what was right for her."

I gave Caroline a hug before leaving with Bonnie to leave them alone for a while.

Authors note:

Here it is :D hope you enjoyed it :) enjoy and next update will be next Tuesday xxx

Love NR xxxx