2

Caroline's P.O.V

I remembered the exact spot my mum was buried, so even in the dark I was able to find my way. I knelt by her grave and looked at the gravestone, 'HERE LIES ELIZABETH FORBES' tears fell effortlessly from my eyes. I placed my mother's favourite kind of flower on her grave and stood up. "I miss you." I whispered and turned to leave.

"Sorry to ruin the party, love." Great. Klaus.

"Klaus!" I shouted as I couldn't locate him. "Klau-"

"I'm here." I felt his breaths at the back of my neck.

"What are you doing back here, Klaus?" I turned around while rolling my eyes.

"Just paying my respects," he paused, "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Just leave, you said you'd never come back."

"I needed to see if you were okay, but then again you have Stefan." I furrowed my eyebrows and stared.

"How did you know?"

"I observe, love."

"Klaus, I want you to leave," I marched up to him so our faces were inches apart, "now." He vamped away and left me standing there. Alone. I sighed in relief and went back to my mum's grave. "I love you mum."

I walked into the Grill, I knew that my eyes were probably still puffy from my crying, but what could I do, I promised Elena I'd be here. "Hey it's Caroline!" Bonnie shouted, the rest, Damon, Elena, Stefan, Matt, Tyler and Liv all raised there glasses and cheered. I smiled and walked over to the bar. "You've been crying." I heard a familiar voice say.

"Yeah, Stefan. I was."

"Why?"

"Because, I went to see my mum."

"Caroline, I know you're grieving, but you need to stay strong. I'll be here for you. We all will."

"I know, but she's still gone." He nodded and we got our drinks. Me and Stefan made our way back to the rest of the group staying silent as we went.

"Look, Cara and Stefan are ready." Elena said, tipsy. How long have they been here? I thought, pushing the thought aside I took the shot and tried to act like my life was normal again. That was an impossible task.

"Guys, I'm feeling really faint, I might head home." I said as we were waiting for another round of tequila shots.

"Caroline, C'mon, it's probably the alcohol. Enjoy this." Elena argued. I shook my head.

"No, I can't Elena!" At this moment the whole area went silent. "I can't sit here and pretend that my life is normal! I can't pretend to be happy. Not anymore." I blinked away tears that were forming and watched as the smile from Elena's face faded.

"Caroline-"

"I'm going home." I waited until I was outside and alone before I vamped home. Taking a shower before I got into bed.

I lay there in silence. The whole house was silent and it was an uncomfortable silence, it didn't feel right. I no longer had my mum to say goodnight to. My rock had crumbled, I missed Tyler, or the thought of having someone to hold, someone to make you feel like something in my life was right. I have Stefan, but I'm afraid to do so with him, he is my best friend.

2 weeks later

Elena's P.O.V

"Bonnie, I can't feel a difference, shouldn't I feel something. Like nausea or a shit load of cravings?"

"It'll take time Elena. Plus the spell gave you as much chance as a human couple. It might not have worked." I rolled my eyes at Bonnie's words and looked back at the mirror.

"I hope it does work."

"If it makes you happy." Was all Bonnie said. I walked into mine and Damon's room and hopped into bed where he lay.

"What did Bon-Bon say?" He asked, I shrugged and kissed him.

"It might not work." I said through our kiss.

"It'll work, don't you worry." Damon reassured me which gave me more hope.

Next update: Tuesday