nine

it was the end of the day and I am currently putting my books into my locker.

"hey baby girl" I heard a dark voice. I turned around and my eyes met Sams. "Hello, Sammy. what would you like" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"You need to come over, get this project done" he said. Shit.

"Okay, I'll meet you at your car in five minutes" I said. he nodded and walked off. I sighed, knowing that Jack is gonna be upset. Speaking of him, he was walking my way.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into a hug. "What do you say we have movie night tonight?" He suggested. I bit my lip and shook my head, "I cant. I have to go to Sam Wilkinsons house tonight and tomorrow to work on a project" I said. His jaw clenched. "I don't think that's a good idea-" he started, but I cut him off. "I don't either but my GPA level is a 4.0 and it needs to stay that way. My grades have had slight changes in them ever since I started dating you and that's not good for me, espically if Im going to Yale next year. Im not saying Im breaking up with you but this project is worth half my grade and I have the get atleast an A on this." I said. He nodded and spoke, "Hes one of my bestfriends and I know how he is. I don't want him to try anything with you, baby"

I sighed, as we made our way out of the school building. "I wont let him try anything. Please, trust me." I said. He glared at me, "Its not you who I don't trust, its him. I see him waving for you so Ill let you go. Please, please call me if he lays his hands on you" he said. I nodded and stood on my tip toes, kissing his lips softly. "Bye Jack" I said.

I walked away from him and over to Sam. "Ready?" Sam asked, leaning . I nodded. He opened the passenger door for me and I smiled at him. "Gentlemen." I said, taking a seat. He chuckled and closed the door. He jogged around the car and sat down in the drivers seat. "I bought materials and all that shit for this project, so I think we are good." he said, starting to drive. "Really?" I asked, e surprised that he actually put effort into this project.

"Yeah, all we need is your smarts" he joked. I chuckled and he parked the car.

"Dang, I didn't even realize we were here" I said, looking up at the big blue house that stood in front of me.

"Shall we get started" he asked, holding out his hand. I nodded and shoved his hand out of the way. "Your going to have to understand that I infact am dating Jack." I proudly said. His eyes dropped to the floor.

"Alright. Let's just get started" he said, I smiled at him and nodded in agreement.

-

About around 7:00, I called up Jack.

"Hey baby" he said, "Hi, Jack. Can you come pick me up from Sams house?" I asked him.

"Did he do anything to you?!" he asked, worry obvious in his voice. "No, no, no. We finished and I left my car in the school parking lot" I chuckled.

"Yeah. I'll be there in five. I love you see you then" he said. My eyes widen, that was the first he's ever admitted it.

"Okay, I'll see you when your here" i said, quickly hanging up. I walked back into Sams living room.

"Is everything set?" sam asked. I nodded and took a seat on his couch as he laid on the floor. The Lion King was on and my eyes were glued to the TV.

I heard three knocks come from the door. I ignored it and let sam get it. He stood up from the floor and did so.

"Ready baby girl?" I heard Jack ask. I nodded and grabbed my phone and backpack that was layed on the couch next to me.

I stood up and we walked out the door together.

"I missed you" he said, pulling me close to his side. I leaned up and kissed his lips.

"I love you too" I finally said.