Chapter 20

hey guys! i have made a facebook page for my books! be up to date on everything! dont foget to like it :) http://www.facebook.com/#!/booksaregreat?bookmark_t=page thanks to everyone who already has! stay tuned for updates on my writting!

Chapter 20

I looked up at Wendy with tears streaming down my face, I had to tell her or she would be worried about me and I would feel guilty.

“I-I, I’m sorry, I had to, I hated it there, I didn’t realize what I was doing, I’m sorry!”  I mumbled through burning tears and sniffs. Wendy put her arm around me.

“What are you talking about honey? It’s ok, don’t cry,” I started crying again, ignoring her soothing words because I knew everything wasn’t alright, I couldn’t take it any longer; I needed to be alone for a while. 

“Ask Aaron,” I managed to sniff out, before I clumsily stood up and ran.

“What’s wrong with her?” I heard Andre ask Wendy as I ran as fast as I could. I could just imagine him smirking at me as I ran.

I didn’t know where I was going and I really didn’t care, I just needed to get away. The tears blurred my vision and all I could see was a forest of sweet smelling pine trees as I ran straight ahead, not going anywhere in particular.

Suddenly my legs collapsed under me, only then did I realize just how exhausted I was, I laid down on the floor, my hair fanned out around me, gasping for air.

I couldn’t breathe; my eye sight was going hazy. I felt like something was piercing my heart. Clutching my stomach I began to panic. Was I going to die? It was getting harder and harder to breath and my head was killing me. I started to become dazed.  

Suddenly everything went cold and dark.

***

I felt something soft draped over me, snuggling into it I tossed myself to the side. My hand touched something that amazingly felt like a pillow? The memories from before, suddenly coming back to me, failing on the cold, hard dirt, running and collapsing, But why was I on a bed?

I opened my eyes with a lot of effort- they didn’t want to open. I saw a white ceiling, looking around I realized I was in the cabin again; in my room. How did I get here? What was going on?

My head hurt and I let out a soft groan as I tried to sit up, it was a big mistake; lying back down I closed my eyes again. I heard the shuffling of feet outside the room so I pretended I was still passed out. I heard a sigh and I felt like letting one of my own out.

“Hazel I know you’re awake,” said an unmistakable voice.

“No, I’m not!” I moaned. Aaron sighed yet again. I opened my eyes again and came face to face with him. He had an unreadable expression on his face; it was pained and angered at the same time. I looked away, not wanting to talk yet.

“Oh good, your awake!” exclaimed Wendy coming into the room. Unlike Aaron her expression was anything, but unreadable. It was of complete worry.  She put the back of her hand on my forehead; most probably to check my temperature.

“How are you feeling?” she asked me, concern filling her eyes. I replied with something that sounded like a grunt; honestly I don’t know what it was meant to be.

“That bad huh?” asked Andrew coming into to view, with Andre behind him, who had a murderous look on his face. 

“What were you thinking? Running off like that was stupid!” Andre yelled in my face, making me flinch a little. I opened my mouth to speak, but I was cut off.

“Were you trying to kill yourself?!” he angrily yelled, yet again. Again I opened my mouth to talk, but was cut off.

“Sometimes it’s like you don’t even want to find my dad! You never had a family, your parents are dead, well here’s some news for you, I do! And I want to find my father and right now you are the only thing stopping that from happening. We could have been on the road right now, getting closer to…” he continued, but I cut him off.

“Shut up, just shut up! Get out!” I screamed at him, full of rage, tears streaming down my face for the third time that day.

“Gladly!” he spoke, adding plenty venom into his voice. He stalked out of the room leaving everyone staring after him, everyone, but me. I continued to cry, that stupid idiot. It’s not my fault I never knew my family!

“It’s ok dear,” Wendy comforted me, while Aaron and Andrew stood there awkwardly shifting from foot to foot.

“Andrew, I think you should check on Andre and make sure he’s ok?” Aaron asked. Andrew obeyed; glad to get away from all the drama.

 “Hazel, Aaron told me… You know about Lisa and Astra,” I looked at Wendy, she looked sad, but not that angry. She sighed and I looked down ashamed.

“It’s all right Hazel, I’m not angry. Well, I am, but I understand you obviously wanted to get out of there and Lisa bribed you by telling you that you’d be able to have the life you always wanted, but you know you could have still had that life and more with us?” I looked up her, my eyes filled with regret. 

“I know, I just wasn’t thinking when I agreed to it,” I replied, sighing.

“Well, It’s ok because we’ve got a plan don’t we?” she asked, trying to make the tension in the air disappear. I nodded my head.

“I have already called our secret service and they will be there, ready to arrest her,” she told me, with a slight smile.

“Ok,” was my simple reply.

“I’ll let you get some rest,” she replied softly, before walking out of the room, leaving Aaron and me to talk.

“Hazel, I’m sorry, I might have gotten a bit carried away before, I didn’t really mean to yell at you like that,”

“No, it’s fine, I deserve it. Actually I deserve much worse. You and Wendy are still so nice to me and if I were you, I would most probably act like Andre and he doesn’t even know yet. He would probably kill me for real if he found out,”

“I’ve never ever seen him that angry, but just ignore him. He’s just annoyed that we had to stay here longer than we intended to,” he replied.

“Sorry about that too,” man, it seemed like I’m saying sorry a lot lately.

Just then my phone buzzed and I knew I had received a message, undoubtedly from Lisa. I looked at Aaron unsurely and he looked at me with saddens in his eyes. He grabbed the phone and read the message out load.

“Where are you? Are you nearly here? We have been waiting for days. Is everything alright?” he read out, with a frown he looked up at me. He then started to text her back; I just hoped he didn’t say anything that would get me in trouble.

“What did you say to her?” I asked.

“Just that we were on our way and that we would be there soon,” he replied, with a sparkle in his eye.