Chapter 22

Go vote for Adopted in the wattyawards under action and don't forget to vote for it here with one click of a button. :)

Chapter 22

My heart rate quickened when I realized we were finally at Sunny Coast Beach. There was a, warm breeze in the air which made my hair fly all over the place. A massive board at the entrance read 'Welcome to Sunny Coast Beach', on the side was a big shinning sun with a smiley face.

Looking at Wendy and Aaron, I noticed I wasn't the only one who looked nervous. My hands were sweaty and my mouth was dry.

"Wait here, I need to make a call," Wendy demanded. We nodded our heads in agreement, but I could tell Andre was wondering why she would need to make a phone call now

Wendy left to make the call to the S.W.A.T team. The beach was beautiful, the water was an amazing color of blue and green mixed together, tinged with white when the waves came crashing to the shore.

There were many, tall, palm trees, which swayed in the breeze and made sounds as the leaves rustled in the wind, knocking against each other.

 Suddenly I realized I was at the beach for the first time! I took off my shoes and felt the warm sand under my feet, each individual grain of sand making up the whole beach. Bending down, I picked up a hand full and watched as it escaped from my hands. Children ran about playing on the sand and in the water, making some amazing sand castles.  

Turning around, I noticed Wendy was back and was walking towards the entrance. I looked at her and she nodded answering my unasked question.

"Come on, It's time to get dad back!" declared Aaron cheerfully.

"Yes!" replied Andre and Andrew in agreement, pumping their fists in the air.

"Well where are they going to be?" asked Andrew

"Well, knowing Li..." I froze midsentence, hoping Andrew and Andre hadn't noticed my slip.

"What? Knowing who?" Andre asked. Damn!

"I didn't say anything," I replied innocently. He didn't look like he believed me, but I didn't care, he would find out soon enough.

"Are there any caves or places that don't have many people on this beach?" I asked, retrieving my shoes and slipping them on.

"Yes there is a cave and it's on the beach," replied Aaron.  

"Then we should look there first, lead the way," Aaron stepped in front and started walking, we all followed him. After about five minutes, Aaron found the cave. It was massive and looked extremely dark.  

"Let's go in," Andre said, eager to find Marlon.

Stepping into the cave, I nearly tripped over a rock. It was cold and dark and there were sounds like dripping water.

"Hello? Anyone in here?" cried Wendy.  There was no sound. Suddenly a lamp flicked on. There stood a lady in a yellow tank top and a pair of dark blue jeans. She had blonde hair with a light brown tint to it. It was Lisa and beside her stood Marlon, handcuffed and held by two bulky guys in suits. When he saw us a smile lit up his face. He didn't look too bad; they must have kept in good care.

"Dad!" cried Andre, making an attempt to run to Marlon, but Wendy grabbed him before he could.

"So glad you finally made it," replied Lisa in a cheery voice.

"Do you have the money?" asked the voice that had called me many times, I stepped back as he came out of the shadows, Astra! He had a tight black top on and you could see all his mussels, which made him look super scary.

"Yes," replied Wendy coldly. A smile appearing as she glanced at Marlon.

"Good work Hazel," said Lisa, smiling in approval. I heard a gasp from Andre and then another one from Andrew. I finally made eye contact with Lisa and gave her a death glare.

"What's wrong dear? You don't feel sorry for them do you?" she asked me, laughing. I didn't get a chance to reply because Andre tackled me to the floor.

"You idiot I knew you never cared! No one believed me, now you will pay," he was suffocating me and I couldn't breathe, Lisa stood there staring at me not doing anything to free me. Suddenly Andre was pulled off me by Aaron and I got on my feet again.

"What are you doing? Don't you realize she was in on it the whole time?" he growled.

"I know, I know, you need to calm down. We will explain later," Aaron told him. Astra rolled his eyes, getting impatient.

"Give me the money!" he exclaimed. Wendy stepped forward and took out the case full of money and leaned in to hand over the money, but just as Astra extended his hand to retrieve it, she pulled hers back and yelled "Now!"

Out of nowhere came the whole S.W.A.T team, guns and all. I had no idea what was happening, everything happened so fast. There was yelling and screaming everywhere and the secret service men running around.

It was then that I noticed Astra and Lisa were handcuffed and were held by four army members. While a few others were trying to get Marlon out of his handcuffs. It was pretty quiet, except for the complaints from Astra and Lisa. They were yelling at me for betraying.

Suddenly Marlon's cuffs were taken off.  The boys and Wendy ran towards him. I just stood there awkwardly, staring at Lisa and Astra, who were both looking just about ready to kill me. I was just so glad they were hand cuffed. I watched as Astra and Lisa were lead out of the cave, probably off to jail.

"Hazel, don't I get a hug from you? asked Marlon. I stared up at him in shock.

"I don't deserve one," I mumbled, looking down.

"Well now, I know you were originally with Lisa, but you told someone and they were able to stop it. Now we are all safe and happy, so you do deserve a hug," he replied, smiling kindly.

I walked up to the whole family and wrapped my arms around them; we broke away soon after and as expected Andre started yelling at me. 

"How could you Hazel?" he asked, sadness reflecting in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I just hated life at the SOS Children's Home and Lisa promised me that if I did this, I would have the life that I always wanted," I replied. Andre shook his head in disbelief. 

"It doesn't matter, it's all in the past now. From now on we will start again as a happy family," stated Marlon.

"Whatever just don't expect me to ever trust her again or even talk to her!" mumbled Andre. Wendy gave Andre a look and he shut up.

"Come on, let's get home. Our real home, Hazel you're going to love Wake Summer Island!"  Marlon exclaimed, walking out of the cave and leaving the past behind.

My new life was about to start and I was eager to make a new start and leave the past behind. I smiled, I didn't need Lisa, I had an amazing family with me the whole time.  

****

Hi everyone!

Thank you for reading Adopted.

Adopted has now been published! Yay I can not believe it, it's so crazy!! It would mean the absolute world to me if you decided to purchase Adopted. It is available in hard copy for those of you who like to hold a book in your hands. Also an an ebook for kindle users! The links will be below. I would love it you guys decided to purchase Adopted and let me know what you think and let me know if you bought it! The story is available here on wattpad, however it is the unedited version with mistakes, so to read the full edited and proper version, you can purchase Adopted from the below links.

Here is the link for hard copy and kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/Adopted-Prime-Ministers-Daughter-Trisha-Marie-Sheanne/dp/1978463138/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Thank you again!!