Chapter 11

Go vote for Adopted in the wattyawards under action and don't forget to vote for it here with one click of a button. :)

Chapter 11

“Hurry up we are going to be late!” panicked Andre, running ahead of us.

“Slow down, I can’t run in these heals!”

“Well it’s not my fault you took so long getting ready is it?” He asked. I stopped dead in my tracks and Wendy bumped into me.

“Keep going Hazel” she pushed me on, I started running again.

“Me! How did I take too long? I didn’t even bother taking the time to brush my hair. How am I the cause of this?” I yelled at Andre, he was so annoying! And I actually believed that he was kind when I first met him? Andre didn’t reply, but started running faster. When we finally made it to our gate; I got a sinking feeling when I noticed we were the only people apart from the staff who were waiting at the gate. Maybe we were early?

 “I am sorry your flight has already left,” the lady at the counter with blonde hair gave us a fake smile as Wendy showed her our tickets.

“I’m sorry what?” I asked, surely I hadn’t heard right?

“Your flight has left!” she repeated raising her voice and speaking slower like she was talking to a child.

“When is the next flight to Sunny Coast Beach?” asked Andre. Suddenly I realized Andre was about to crack it. His hands were clenched into fists by his side and were turning white from the pressure he was applying on them. He was shaking with anger and his face was red.

“Just a minute, I’ll check for you,” she replied. “Do I know you from somewhere? You look familiar,” she asked. Wendy and the boys immediately tensed. Andre fixed his hair making sure the wig fit well.

“No… I don’t think so?” replied Wendy. The lady shrugged and started typing on the computer again.

“The next flight is in a day,” she replied, looking at Wendy funnily.

“A whole day!” I wailed. She glad at me angrily, jeez what does this woman have against me?

“Yes!” she screamed clearly frustrated, the other staff members turned to look at her and she immediately gave us the biggest fake smile ever.

“Alright book us in for that flight,” requested Wendy sounding pretty upset. I dumped my suit case on the ground and took a seat on the waiting chairs. The springy, soft chairs provided for customers who were waiting to board, unfortunately they had left without us.

“Thanks a lot Hazel!” grumbled Andre.

“Just blame it on me then, I’m not the one who took the wrong turn!” I huffed angrily.

“Well if you hadn’t taken so much time...” he was stopped mid-sentence by Wendy.

“Enough both of you, people are staring,” and sure enough the passengers of other flights who had been passing by were giving us annoyed looks. I looked down ashamed.

“So what now?” asked Aaron.

“We have to find a place to stay for a day,” replied Andrew. It was then that I noticed Andrew was always with Andre and hardly ever spoke.

“Yes, we do!            ” Wendy replied getting up and heading to the receptionist.

“No! Not there, I swear she hates me!” I tried stopping Wendy.

“Who doesn’t?” asked Andre smirking and high fiving Andrew.

“Very funny,” I said following Wendy to the check out on the other side of the room. I could still hear Andre and Andrew laughing, at least Aaron was considerate enough not to. I followed Wendy hoping to find a hotel to stay at.

***

Dear Diary,

I do not know the date and I cannot be bothered checking. Anyway, can you believe it? I have to share a room with Andre! Couldn’t it have been any of the other boys? Why, Andre? It’s like Wendy knew it would be torture for me, wait! You don’t think she knows do you? She couldn’t possible know! I think I’m becoming paranoid, Help!

Our room was on the ninth floor, with a marvellous view of the City. All the bright lights would show really well in the night. The room had two single beds spaced out far apart; thank God for that! Andrew and Aaron had gotten the room to our right and Wendy, the one to our left. There was a couch in-between the two beds, there was also a table and a plasma T.V with a D.V.D player. I ran up to the bed on the far side, next to the glass window. It was absolutely breath taking, the curtain was pulled to one side and the view was stunning. The whole right wall was made of glass and it was absolutely beautiful. 

“Wow!” I whispered.

“I know, right?” Andre whispered back. I stared at him in shock, who knew Andre was capable of such feelings? Andre shifted uncomfortably next to me and turned around.

“I call shot gun on this one!” I yelled jumping on the bed and plonking my bag next to it breaking the uncomfortable silence. Andre groaned.

“That’s not fair! You get the best view!” he wailed.

“Oh well, you were too slow,” Andre then left so I decided to change and relax for a while. Climbing into bed, I closed my eyes and enjoyed the comfort, my eyes flew open when I heard the door open and then close again, I groaned, he couldn’t have stayed away for longer? Andre, Aaron and Andrew were standing in the door way looking at me with a twinkle in their eyes.

“What?” I asked not at all liking the way they were looking at me.

“Let’s go to the pool!” Andrew exclaimed.

“Alright, just let me change into my bathers,” I replied getting off the bed. Andre rolled his eyes.

“Girls!” he muttered under his breath.

“Hey! We can’t just jump in the water like you guys can!” I exclaimed when I saw Andre smiling wickedly down at me.

“Oh no, I know that look. What are you going to do to me?” I screamed as he ran up to me and picked me up; he threw me over his right shoulder and raced into the elevator with Andrew and Aaron following behind. I slammed my fists into his back, but it only made him laugh louder, his whole body was shaking with laughter. As we past the reception, we received a few stares from parents while some little children laughed at us. It’s not every day you see three boys running, one with a girl thrown over his shoulder, is it? As we got closer to the pool, I noticed that it was massive and when I say massive, I mean massive. It was a weird shape with little islands in the middle at random places. When I say islands I mean a raised up area, above the water, with decking and chairs.

Suddenly I realized what Andre was trying to do. I started slamming my fists into his shoulder even harder, did he know how uncomfortable denim was when wet? Getting closer to the edge I felt Andre lifting me off his shoulders getting ready to throw me in. At the last minute I hung on to him, he lost his balance with the unexpected weight and fell into the pool with an enormous splash followed by a littler one by me.

I resurfaced gasping for air, a second later; Andre was up too, scowling at me. Andrew and Aaron were having a massive laughing fit, which just made Andre madder. He waded through the water and got out, gesturing for me to follow. We made our way to the back of the laughing boys. Andre gestured with his fingers. One, two, three, go! I pushed Aaron in and Andre pushed Andrew in. They both broke the surface gasping. I cracked up and soon all four of us were laughing so hard that we got plenty of stares.