Chapter 12

Harry's POV

I sat at her bedside, waiting. For what I didn't know, but I was waiting.

This was all my fault. If I had left Cathy, the way she was when I had move to Stirling, then she would not be hooked up to a life support machine. Idiot!

"Where is she?" I heard Beth's voice travel down the long halls of the hospital. Filled with panic and concern.

"Down there on the right." Louis replayed. He had been in the foulest of moods since I had called to say I had taken her to hospital. I understand why, but I panicked. Forgetting my blood could heal Cathy in a second. Beth's feet echoed down the corridor as she ran into the room. A short sharp gasp escaped her mouth when she saw the state of Cathy.

Her normally rich red hair was still matted with her own dried blood. It's natural shine dulled. Her lips which were normally fused into a smile now kept apart by a contraption to keep her lungs filled with oxygen. Her face was damp from where the blood had been wiped off. Her left arm was in a cast and she was deadly pail. Beth's eyes brimmed with tears before she turned away, into Niall. His arms wrapped around Beth's small frame as she wept at the sight of her best friend. Broken and hurt. All because I couldn't stay away.

It took Beth around half an hour to stop crying. Niall had guided her over to the small couch in the corner of the room, where they still remained now, an hour later. Beth's head was on Niall's lap and her soft breathing was evidence that she had fallen fast asleep.

"What are we going to do?" Niall asked, not taking his eyes of the sleeping figure on his lap.

"I don't know."

"We can't leave them, not now that Oli is back. He would go straight fit them. Both of them." He was right. There were many different things we could do but abandoning Cathy and Beth was out of the question. He knew they were our weaknesses, and he would do all in his power to use that against us. I would do anything and everything in my power to prevent that. As I know Niall would. There was a quick knock on the door and our heads snapped up. It was Louis, Liam and Zayn.

"We are heading back to the house now." Louis reviled in a cold voice. I knew he wasn't happy about the situation but there was nothing he could do to change it. Liam shot Louis a look as if to say 'tone it down, now.' But it went right over his head as Louis turned and walked out the room.

"Give us a call when there is some news on Cathy, no matter the time."

Liam said sincerely.

"Yeah, it's not like we're gonna be sleeping or anything!" Zayn said jokingly. He always knows how to cheer the group up. "But in all seriousness, if you do phone, call Liam's mobile, cause I'll be asleep." He smiled. Niall and I said goodbye to the boys and returned our attention to the two girls who had changed us in too many ways over the past few months.

"Evening boys it's nice to see you again."

Niall froze and my head snapped up. In the doorframe stood a young boy. His blonde hair was shaggy and flopped over his forehead. Dressed all in black it was hard to see the blood stains which lay on his jumper, but I could smell it. And I knew exactly who that blood had belonged to. Cathy, and it took everything I had not to run up and rip the boys throat out. But this was a public place. I could do nothing but sit there frozen and stair up in pure hatred at the boy in the doorframe. I could do nothing to the boy who had put Cathy in an unstable condition. I couldn't do anything to the boy. And that killed me.

"What do you want Oli?"