Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Harry's POV

I walked up the last few stairs and into my room. Cathy was standing still as a statue with her back to me.

"Hey Bambi, your up! Have a good nap?" Nothing. She didn't move a muscle. "Bambi? Cathy are you ok?" I walked round to see her face and saw it was tear stained. In her hand she held her old battered phone. It was open on a message sent by him. I slowly took the phone out of her grip and read over it. Then again, and again.

Crap.

Cathy's POV

What am I going to do? I have nowhere to go. I have no family members who would take me in. I can't go stay with any friends, I would be to much of a hassle to Beth's parents.

"Shit." I whispered. Harry's hear snapped up from my phone his eyes were fused with red, but I didn't care. I was past caring about anything now. I had nowhere to go. Nowhere to stay, and by now all my belongings were probably outside my front door. "Shit."

Harry put my phone into his pocket and took the few steeps over to me and wrapped his arms around me. Engulfing me in a warm embrace. Except it wasn't warm. Harry was cold as ice, if not colder. He had probably just been outside, I could feel him warming up now. Completely normal.

"Everything is gonna be alright, Cathy, we'll figure it out. This is my fault. I should have let you stay at school. I'm so sorry Cathy." Tears began to stream down my face. Harry guided me over to the couch I had been sleeping on and pulled me closer. He let me cry into his shoulder for I don't know how long. At one point he began to sing 'Fix You' by Coldplay. This made me cry less as his voice was just so entrancing. I did not just think that! Cathy stop right there.

Harry suddenly let me out of the hug and took me by the hand, slowly tugging me into a standing position.

"Come on." He said. His eyes were sparkling. They were enchanting and drew you in. I hadn't realised but I had began to lean iron Harry. He turned around, keeping a hold of my hand and had me follow him down the stairs and out of his room. I hadn't realised but his room had been in the attack of the house. The hallway was beautifully decorated with pieces of this and that from all the countries One Direction had visited. There wee photo frames here and there with pictures of the rest of the boys pulling funny faces at some of the wonders of the world. They seemed so carefree and happy in theses photos. So very happy. There was a loud crash from the bottom of the staircase Harry and I were halfway down. For a split second Harry's grip on my hand tightened and panic spread across his face. Then, as soon as it had appeared it was gone, as was the added pressure on my hand.

"Niall, what the hell mate? What a racket! What are you looking for?" We reached the bottom of the stairs just in time to hear Louis ask the question.

"I'm looking for a spoon, Liam's been winding me up all day and I need to get my own back." Niall replied very matter of factually.

"Spoons? You want to get your own back on Liam and your first reaction is to go for the spoons? Really Niall?" Louis raised his eyebrow at Niall and a small laugh escaped from Harry's lips.

"Yeah, a spoon may do the trick, but you could always tell Liam that you sat on his Toy Story DVD and broke it. That will really wind him up." A mischievous grin appeared on Harry's face as he said this. There was a slight spark in his eyes that told the world that he was cooking up an evil plan to help Niall get his own back. My only wish is that I don't get dragged into it.

"Good idea Harry, hey Cathy, heard you weren't feeling well. I thought you'd gone home, good to see you looking better. Even if..." Harry shot Niall a sharp glance. Whatever the end of that sentence was I was not going to get to hear it. Louis was looking very annoyed at my presence in the kitchen. I may never had met him before but I could tell he did not want me here.

"Thanks Niall, I don't know what I'd have done if it weren't for Harry here. I'd have probably fainted halfway through music, don't think Miss McKinley would have liked that much." I laughed. Niall smiled back at me, a genuine smile. Which was a contrast to Louis who gave the least convincing smile of, possibly, his life. I'd take that though. Better than a growly face.

"Come on Bambi." Harry smiled up at me. For some reason it seamed he put emphasise on the nickname he had given me. As if to make sure both Louis and Niall would hear it.

Harry tugged me out of the house and into his car, which now seemed familiar. He pulled out of the drive and onto the main road.

"Harry?"

"Mhmm.."

"Errr...Where are we going?"

"We'll first of all I'm gonna drop you off at the pharmacy so you can pick up your iron tablets and then, holly shit!" I turned my attention away from Harry to see a tall, thin figure in front of the car. Harry pulled on the wheel of the car and in doing so lost control of it. The car span out of control, pushing us back into our seats. The passenger side window smashed into a thousand tiny pieces, some of which decided to embed themselves in my left arm and my cheek. I could feel the warm liquid begin to run out of these cuts. I caught a glimpse of horror in Harry's face as this happened in a split second. I also caught a flash of red in his emerald eyes before the car's spinning came to a stop and I was torn from the interior of the car. Harry's shiny car wrapped itself around an old tree. The sudden stop of the car had propelled me forwards, breaking the seatbelt and sending my through the front windscreen. When I landed I felt a sharp tearing pain in my neck. Like teeth drawing down through living skin.