Chapter 7: Red Eyes

Chapter 7

Red Eyes.

Harry's POV

A tear slid down Cathy's cheek. She had to see her mother and grandmother getting shot. No one should have to do that!

"Cathy... I'm so sorry. No one should have to go through that. I wish there were something I could do."

"I've come to terms with what happened that night. It still gives me nightmares and there is many a night when I will run to Beth's house for someone to talk to. But the thing is because they never found the men who did it, he blames me."

"Who blames you Cathy?" She was silent. "Bambi, who blames you?"

"My stepdad." I was shocked. Why, no, HOW could he blame her? Cathy did nothing wrong that night. "He blames me for the loss of his unborn child. He doesn't care that mum died that night, only that the baby died along with her. The bastard didn't care that I saw my mother and my grandmother die, only that I hadn't done anything to save the baby. He wanted me to throw myself in front of mum to save his 'next of kin'. He never cared about her just the baby!" Tears filled her eyes. Because she survived he took his wrath out on her. This man did not want to meet me in a dark alley. I could feel the adrenalin beginning to pump through my veins, the venom began to fill my mouth.

"Harry... Your eyes... They've changed..." I snapped my eyes shut, knowing that they had changed colour from their normal, human, green to their unnatural scarlet. As they always did when I became angry. I needed to hunt. She needs you Styles, don't go there now. I felt the venom reject itself from my mouth. I knew my eyes had returned to their normal green and I re-opened my eyes. Her face was paler than is should have been. I knew she had seen my eyes, she had told me for a start, and the look on her face told me that she was scared.

"Cathy? Are you ok? Cathy?"

"Your eyes, they were..." She was starting to go green now.

"Cathy your going green, c'mon c'mon, lest get you to the nurse." I gently guided her down the rest of the stairs and along the corridors till we got to the nurse's office.

"Oh, hello there Mr Styles, what seems to be the problem?" We'll apart from the green girl I'm practically carrying nothing at all, you idiot. Now I'm not being mean but the school nurse is a bit dim witted, many a story I had heard of people coming to her with sore heads and being sent away and people showing up after them with a sore toe and being sent home. To make this worse, I hadn't been here long.

"Er.. Well Cathy here has turned green and I thought it would be best to bring her to you and ask if it would be ok to take her home as she looks quite ill."

"Harry I'm fine."Cathy mumbled and the nurse looked quite taken aback. As Cathy spoke her colour got even worse. I knew she had been a bit off recently, and I think my eye colour may have tip her over the edge.

"I think it would be a good idea for you to make sure she got home Mr Styles, and if possible make sure she gets some rest." I nodded a silent 'thank you' to the nurse and slipped my arm around Cathy's waist, guiding her out of the nurses office and into the main office. I signed us both out and escorted her out of the school building. I walked her round to the car park where my newly purchased, black, 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190 SL was parked. I loosened my arm around her waist and opened the passenger side door. She stood shakily, holding onto the door frame for support.

"Harry, please don't take me home. He'll be there." I was shocked that she thought I would let her near that man after what she had told me.

"Wasn't planing on it Bambi." I smiled down at her. I saw the sparkle begin to shine in her eyes again. I walked round to the driver's side and slid into the car.

"Then where are we going?" She asked as she, well as she fell into her seat.

"I hope you don't mind chaos 'cause we're going back to my house." I said leaning over her and closing her door. I don't know where this impulsive decision had come from but I didn't think twice about it once it came out of my mouth. There was one thing that I knew for sure.

Louis was gonna kill me.