Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Cathy's POV

Three weeks. I had been out the hospital for three whole weeks and I don't think that things could have gotten better. When I had properly woken up, not in that strange dream state I had been in, and been released from the hospital. Since then so many things had changed in my life! I no longer got beat when something broke, or ever worried about running out of my iron tablets. All as a result of my new house mates. Harry had explained to me that Beth had told him my address and he had gone over to see if my step-dad had been serious about throwing me out of the house. When he arrived he saw all my belongings, of which there are few, sitting in a heap, on the pavement. He had taken everything into the boot of his car and taken it to the boys house. He had told Beth what had happened. Beth, being Beth was furious and had to be prevented from going to my old house and beating the crap out of him.

In these three weeks so much has changed. I now live in one of the most beautiful, full of character, house in Stirling. To add to that I share it with five of the most hilarious boys in the world!

Three weeks ago...

Harry's POV

Why isn't she waking up? Her heart beat is strong, her blood levels are perfect, all her wounds have been patched up and none of them are infected.

"Please open your eyes Bambi, please? I promise you that I won't let anything hurt you again, as long as you do this one thing for me and open those beautiful blue eyes. Please." I lay my head down on her bed next to her hand. The pain of seeing her in this state was crushing me. I needed her to wake up and smile again. I needed to tell her that the monster she had been stuck with for nearly 7 years would never come near her again. I needed to tell her that she would be getting a new room and home.

It had been two weeks since Louis had suggested that Cathy comes and lives with us. Since then we had made renovations to the house so that it could be possible to fit another person into it. We had made my huge room into two rooms by putting a wall into the middle of it. Now it was two big rooms instead of one huge room. We had bought a queen sized bed and sheets for it with the help of Beth who had shown us Cathy's dream bed (which was the one we ended up getting). We had painted the room with light blues as suggested by Beth. We had everything ready and the only thing missing from the room was Beth. Beth had given us a picture of Cathy and her mother which she had been keeping safe for Cathy for years and we had blown it up and put it onto a canvas by using some photo website. It now hangs proudly on the opposite side of the room form Cathy's bed. Zayn's creative side was unleashed when it came to the wall painting. He had painted simple swirls in darker blue over the light blue we had used as the main colour on the wall. The room looked spectacular with the white bed frame standing out from the blues. The carpet was an extremely fluffy one which was cream in colour, again suggested by Beth. Now the only thing missing was Cathy.

"Mr Styles?" I turned round to see a young nurse standing in the doorframe. "Sorry to interrupt, but I need to take some blood samples from Miss Mure for testing." Shit blood. I can't leave cause that would make a bad impression after me stating several times that I did not want to leave her side, but I don't know how I will be around her when blood is being taken.

"Err...sure, on you go." I sat back in the uncomfortable hospital seat. The nurse put the needle and syringe on Cathy's bedside table and started preparing to take some of Cathy's blood.

Stop it Harry! It's just blood, man up!

The nurse put the ban around Cathy's arm and taped the inside of her elbow to find a vein. When she found one she picked up the syringe and started to bring it to Cathy's arm.

"Keep that fricken needle away from my arm!"

"What?!" I jumped up from my chair.

"I said keep that fricken needle away from my arm."

"I need to get a doctor." The nurse put the syringe away and ran out the room. While she did that I stood in total shock. Cathy had just spoken for the first time in weeks.

"Hey Styles, what have I missed?" She wriggled her nose in the most enticing way possible and after two long weeks opened her bright blue eyes. She blinked, fluttering her eyelashes, letting her eyes become accustomed to the degree of light in her small hospital room.

"You are incredible! You are unconscious for weeks and you wake up when they try take more blood from you? Incredible!" I lean in and kiss her. On the lips. Wait what am I doing?! I snap away, ending the kiss quickly. "Er..sorry about that... I shouldn't have done that, I don't know why I did, I'm just gonna leave and hide in a dark corner somewhere." I turned and started to head for the door.

"Harry Edward Styles!" Her eyes were bright and wide. I like Cathy, a lot, but I shouldn't have done that. There is no way she would, no, could ever like me back. Even if she didn't know what I was.

"Sorry!"

"Good, now get back down here. I wasn't finished kissing you."

"What?"

"You heard me Styles." I walked the few paces from where I was to Cathy's bedside, cupped her face in the palm and lent in. We both closed our eyes when there was centimetres between our lips.

"Ahem. Sorry Mr Styles but I have to run some tests on Miss Mure now that she is awake. Would you please wait outside?" Damn.

"We'll finish this off in a few minutes Mister." I gave her a quick kiss on her cheek and smiled like an idiot.

"Deal."