Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Cathy's POV

I woke up with a start. My phone, which was sitting on the bedside table in the hospital exploded with noise. In other words it started ringing in the middle of the night. Why are noises louder at night. I looked at the called ID and saw it was Beth.

"Beth, what the hell? It's like..."

"Cathy! Help me!" She screamed cutting me off.

"Beth? Help you? I don't understand." I said sitting up in my bed.

"It's not a thing!its a person! A boy Cathy! He's casing me!" Now that I was more awake I could hear the wind rush past the mouth piece of her phone.

"Beth, who's casing you?"

"He wants YOU Cathy! He is trying to get to you! Don't ask me why I ran before he got to that point. But he wants you!" I could hear her tearing up down the phone. Who wanted me?

"Beth where are you? Why are you out at this time?" I was worried about her.

"I'm at the...Ahhhhhhhhh!" I heard a thump on the other end of the phone.

"BETH!!" Shit! "Beth! Are you there? Beth, what's happened? BETH!"

"No, love, dear sweet Bethany can't come to the phone right now. She is a bit preoccupied" a sinister voice laughed down the phone. A voice I vaguely recognised.

"Who is this?" I tried to keep my breathing calm but it wasn't working. I was furious!

"Ah, nope sorry love, that would ruin the master plan. All you need to know is I have your friend, and not just one of them, may I add?"

"You bastard."

"Wrong! I'll have you know that I was not born out of wedlock love.sorry to disappoint ya." I clenched my fist, forgetting for the time there was a needle in my hand, which started to rip the skin. "Ah I do believe I may just in counter another of your friends. He may be in a bit of a state." The voice laughed. This guy was crazy.

"NIALL!!" I heard Beth scream down the phone.

"Beth? Beth!" I screamed down the phone.

"SHUT UP!" The voice screamed. "Both of you girls are giving me a head ache." I heard a noise down the phone. "Dia duit ansin Niall. Long-am ar bith troid." The voice laughed. Then a voice I did know was heated through the phone.

"Ní fada go leor Oli. Bhris tú na rialacha an am seo. Tá a fhios agat go bhfuil, cad ba mhaith liom go mbeadh a fhios Cén fáth?" What the heck were they speaking? Was it Irish? Why was Niall there in the first place?

"Sin dom a fhios agus Harold chun a fháil amach buachaill!" Harold? Wait were they talking about Harry?

"You prick! This is all to get back at him? For something that happened two centuries ago? It was a mistake, ok? Nothing more! This on the other hand!" Niall paused. "Wait...your taking it out on her. You getting to Harry through her, that why all the disappearances are linked to her. He is going to kill you for this! Niall yelled the last part.

"Well the brat is going to have to find me first. Hear that Catarine? Your dear Harold is going to kill someone." I heard a whisp of wind, as if Beth's phone had just been held up. Which it must have as I heard Niall curse.

"Cathy! Hang up! Call Harry!! Tell him Tá sé ag iarraidh a! Now!" I don't know if it was the tone of Niall's voice or the fact that there was a ear splitting crash that followed but I did what he told me.

One ring. Please pick up Harry. Two rings. Please don't have let your phone die. Three rings

"Hello?" Thank god!

"Harry! Niall and Beth are in trouble! It has something to do with the thing that's kidnaping people, except its not a thing it's a fricken person!! Harry he's gonna hurt Beth!" I had to stop talking my throat had started to clench and I couldn't get oxygen to my lungs.

"Wait, what? How do you know this?" I rattled out the story at a hundred and ten miles an hour.

"Then I hung up and phoned you. I'm sorry Harry, Niall, he told me to call you."

"Did he say anything else?"

Yes, he said to tell you 'ta see ahg earraidh ah' well that's what it sounded like to me. Harry I'm scared, what the hell just happened? Why did Niall tell me to phone you? What's going on?!" I wanted to kick myself, I don't panic. Never, I was the one who always kept her head. Since I met Harry I've cried, fainted, gone into shock and now I'm panicking down the phone to him. In the middle of the night at that! What's wrong with me?

The other end of the line went silent. "Harry? Harry say something, please! What's going on?"

"Cathy I have to go. I'll be out first thing tomorrow to sign you out of that place." And the line went dead.

I took the phone down from my ear and saw my hand was shaking. What the hell was going on? What's happened to Beth? Why are Harry and Niall acting so strangely? And who was the other voice, and what did he want with me?