Chapter 20 (part four) - Cleanse

Hey guys! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

(I certainly didn't. I am currently hiding from my elder sisters sl*ts, ho*ndogs, and underage drunks who she invited to an "After-Christmas" party. I can hear them from the attic! THEY'RE MAKING BABIES! HELP ME!)

Happy New-Year!

~The endangered Yuuki who apologizes if this chapter is sucky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Ty's POV~

Seto wasted no time after his proclamation. His hands burned with a fiery nether-portal purple glow, the magic circle in his hands growing larger per second. I recognized it and grabbed Sky's hand, dragging him as far away from the demon as I could. I heard a boom and watched as the magic flow into the air. It swirled in it's own circle above the demon and the Twisted Soul Keeper, who watched uncertainly. Then, like spikes of ice, the cloud of magic dripped onto the ground, seeping into the moist dirt. The ground glowed where the magic had stained the earth, leaving a radioactive-like glow, surrounding the two. The predators had become the prey.

Dark's voice filled the forest as he screamed in recognition and dismay, turning to bolt. But he didn't flee in time. Light exploded from the ground, reaching up to the sky and connecting together, forming a net of light magic. Dark growled, twisting around in fury. As he turned in my direction, I gasped as I saw panic among his rage.

Seto appeared in front of the demon. I could tell he meant business. Hold up..... Where's Brice? I looked around for the tall blond, but I couldn't find him. I let the thought escape to the back of my mind when Seto began to speak again.

"You know what this spell is, don't you?" he asked the demon, the small mage's voice laced with venom. Dark stomped to edge of the net, growling.

How does someone like you know something as ancient as this? If I didn't know better, I'd call you an Everlasting!

Seto smirked, something that looked foreign on his pale face. "A little birdy told me." he said, hinting something that had no meaning to anyone but the two inside the net.

Dark suddenly shifted, before turning towards the Twisted Soul Keeper behind him. He glared at the small figured, and I felt fear raise in my own chest. Kenny might have tried to kill me, he might have tried to raise a demon and rule the world, but he didn't deserve what happened next. Dark grabbed him in his claws and threw him against the net. When the screaming and crying Kenny hit the magic mesh, the sound of pure agony filled the air and his body slumped. He crawled to get away from the net.

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, PEST! YOU DID THIS! YOU WERE TOO WEAK TO KILL YOUR FRIENDS BUT I LET THAT SLIDE. NOW WE ARE BOTH GOING TO BE BANISHED AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!

Dark swung at him again, but missed by a hair. Seto acted fast and set up a barrier between the two. Kenny curled up in a ball and began to bawl. Right before my eyes, his image wavered, and I saw a boy were a monster had been. His hair was blond and matted, and his clothing and skin messy and cut. his head was tucked between his knees, but I could tell he was sobbing by the shaking of his body. Before a sound could escape my lips, however, Kenny was back to being the Twisted Soul Keeper.

I exchanged a glance with Sky, who had seen the same thing I had. What surprised me even more was what Kenny said in a small, high-pitched human voice.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault. I was afraid, and I attracted the attention of a monster that fed off fear. I let fear control me, and I killed people because it told me to.This all happened because of me."