Chapter 22

My body still woudn't respond as he kissed me, and then he pulled away and looked in my eyes. 

"I'll give you some time to find out if you liked that or not." he said with a smirk, walking out the door and disappearing down the hall. I let out the big breath I had been holding and then I could move again. My mouth was open in shock. He had just kissed me. And then he left. And his lips still tasted the same as before, maybe even better. I realized with a jolt that I was about twenty minutes late for first period, so I got up and hurried to class. 

I walked into french class and saw Chris just taking his seat. He looked up and winked at me, and I blushed before looking down. 

"Not you too!" the teacher complained. My head snapped up.

"Huh?" I asked in a puzzled voice. 

"First Samantha is late, and then Chris is late, and now you're late too." the teacher replied, and I blushed even harder. Like it was my fault. Whatever. 

"Sorry." I muttered as I took a seat next to Samantha. 

"No, no, no. You two aren't sitting near each other today. Kylie, go sit next to Chris." she continued, her hands on her hips as she directed me to my new seat. I glared at her, resisting the urge to stick my tongue out like a four-year old. I sat in the seat next to Chris, but I angled my chair as far away from  his as possible. I could see him glancing over at me from the corner of my eye, and I attempted to stop looking at him, not that I succeeded. Whenever my eyes flickered in his direction, the only thing I could remember was the kiss. He said he had given me some time to find out if I had liked it or not, but I didn't need time. I already knew I liked it, I just didn't want to admit it. I was technically still dating Lucas, even though he didn't deserve it. Suddenly, I came up with a plan in my head. It was a bit of an evil plan, but Lucas shouldn't mind since he was trying to get in my best friend's pants earlier. I smirked, and Chris raised an eyebrow at me. I ignored him, and stared at the clock, wanting this awkward class with Chris to come to an end. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the bell rang and I shot out of my seat and hurried out the door, not wanting Chris to get a chance to talk to me. Lucas intercepted me when I was halfway to Biology, and I just glared at him when he put his arm around my waist. He dropped his arm immediately and gave me a confused expression.

"What's wrong?" he asked. I just shook my head, fighting the urge to turn around and slap him as hard as I could. He so deserved it right now, especially since he was pretending like he hadn't said what he said this morning to Victoria. If only he knew I had overheard him. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my arm, and  I turned around and saw Tori. 

"Kylie, I have to tell you something in private." she said, and I knew she was about to tell me what Lucas had said. I pretended like I was oblivious, and I turned to Lucas. 

"It's okay, he can hear whatever you have to say." I said. 

"Um... no he can't. I need to talk to you alone." she pleaded. 

"That won't be happening." Lucas said, giving Tori the death glare. She blushed and looked away, presumably in fear. 

"Okay, never mind then. I guess I'll talk to you later." she said, faking a smile and walking swiftly in the other direction.

"I wonder what that was all about." I said, faking a casual voice. 

"I don't know." he said with a shrug. The hell he didn't. The filthy liar. I just glared at him and then ducked into the classroom. He followed me. 

"What was that for?" he asked, referring to my glare. I ignored him, because telling him what I knew would just ruin my plan for later. 

When I didn't answer him, he just shrugged and took his seat next to me. 

Biology passed, and then English, and I knew that Lucas and Chris both had a free period next. I smirked. Time to put my plan into action. I walked behind Lucas, slowing down until he was a good four yards ahead of me, and then I saw him go to his locker. I waited a few more minutes until Chris came around the corner, going to his locker across the hall. 

"Chris." I said, walking towards him. Lucas' head snapped up, and so did Chris'. 

"Yeah?" he asked as I got closer to him. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss, but it wasn't at all like the kiss we shared in the bathroom. That was just a brief kiss, and this one turned lust-filled as his tongue wrestled mine. I was against his chest as he held me tightly, and I realized in this moment how much I had missed him. When he pulled away, he smiled at me. 

"I missed you." he whispered. I smiled back.

"I missed you too." I said. 

"What the hell?!" Lucas shouted, coming across the hall to stand before us. I glared at him.

"How could you do this to me?" he asked as Chris wrapped a protective arm around my waist. 

"No, Lucas, I did nothing to you. I overheard your conversation with Victoria this morning." I said icily. 

"W-what conversation?" he asked, his face paling. 

"You could just cheat on me like that, without a care, and then pretend it didn't happen?! You're the worst boyfriend anyone could ever have. You just want sex, and then you're done." I said firmly, but I could feel the tears coming. I held them back as I continued to fix him with an ice-cold stare.

"But why would you go back to him?! Him, of all people?! He doesn't love you either! He used you for sex and then left you!" Lucas said. 

"And it was the worst mistake of my life." Chris growled back. I was frozen. 

"Wait...Lucas, how did you know what Chris did to me? I never told you that, I just said we had a bad breakup." I said, watching him carefully for his reaction. 

"Um...I..." he was speechless, and then he just turned around and ran. My mind was whirling in confusion. How HAD he known that? I didn't even see how he could figure it out! Chris turned me to face him. 

"I love you." he said as he kissed me again. Kissing him was a thousand times better than kissing Lucas, and I wondered why I had never realized that before. I pulled away after a couple seconds, and he frowned. 

"What's wrong?" he asked. 

"I have class right now." I replied. 

"Well, you can skip one class." he said evilly. I smirked and shook my head no. 

"No, I was late to French, I don't wanna be late to class again." I said. 

"Fine. Sit with me at Lunch?" he asked hopefully. 

"Sure, but you know I technically still didn't break up with Lucas." I said. 

"Oh, I can take care of that." Chris said. 

"Chris-" 

"When you get to the cafeteria, it will be taken care of." He assured me. Then he pecked me on the lips before running down the hallway. I shook my head and walked to class. NOW what was he gonna do? I hoped he didn't get anyone hurt again.