Chapter 15

KYLIE POV

The next day at school was pretty much the same as the day before. Chris gave me and Lucas dirty looks and Lucas began to catch on to his rude behavior. Lucas seemed to always have his arm around me or holding my hand, and every time Chris passed us together his jaw would clench. Why did he care anyway?! It's not like he still liked me. For a large part of the day, Chris was in the office, getting yelled at by the principal for ditching math. Therefore, he missed math again, so I got to be with Tori and Samantha instead of him. Today was our last day for partners, so now I was safe.

After class was dismissed, I went to my locker to get all my books. I shut it and turned around to see Lucas standing behind me with that adorable smile of his.

"So, still grounded?" He asked. I sighed and nodded.

"But like I said, I should be able to go out next week." I assured him. This seemed to brighten his mood as he remembered. Before I left, he leaned in and kissed me again, longer than yesterday.

CHRIS POV

I was walking to my locker when I saw Lucas and Kylie talking across the hall. When he leaned in and kissed her, I looked away and got my books, but when I shut my locker and turned around, they were still kissing! They practically had their tongues shoved down each others throats! Without thinking, I felt my anger bubble up and I released it with one solid punch to my locker. I hit it as hard as I could, and the hallway went completely silent as everyone stared at me. Kylie and Lucas even broke apart when they heard the noise. I looked back at my locker and saw the giant crumpled dent I had put in it. My fist fit perfectly in the sunk-in section. I growled under my breath and spun around, walking as fast as I could out of the school so I didn't get in anymore trouble with the principal for damaging school property.

KYLIE POV

Well, that was the second kiss that he had interrupted. Now I was even more furious at him, not that he cared. I sighed, told Lucas goodbye, and then left to get on my bus. Chris really needed to control his temper.

When I got home, I did my homework quickly and then got online, looking at some more houses. I had found one I really liked at a fairly low enough price that I could buy it. From the pictures online it didn't look like it needed much work done, but I wanted to go see it to be sure. I logged out of the computer after writing down the address, and then I grabbed my shoes and walked downstairs.

"Hey mom." I greeted her. She looked up from the book she was reading.

"Hey." She said.

"Um, can I borrow your car real quick?" I asked.

"Why?" She replied.

"Well, I'm 18 and I was just thinking about getting my own place and I was looking online at some stuff and found a house I liked. I have enough money to buy it and to maintain the bills, but I was just gonna go see it and make sure I liked it." I explained.

"I see." She said, a smile spreading across her face. I knew my parents couldn't wait for me to be out of the house.

"Well, I'll go with you." She said cheerfully, hopping off her stool and following me outside. We had to be quick since Kiara was coming home from school in an hour.

When we got to the house, we were given a tour by some salesperson and then we looked around. I realized that I really did like it, and it seemed like a nice neighborhood. I smiled and told the lady I wanted to buy it. She smiled at me and handed me a bunch of papers for me to sign. I sat down and signed them after reading them and then she told me that it would take about 60 days before I could move in. I thanked her and then walked out the door with my mom, happy that I would be getting a house to myself.

When I went to work later, it was my turn to do the cash register. I liked doing the cash register, for whatever reason. A few minutes later, Sabrina walked in and I led her to the manager. He accepted the application and then said he'd call her tomorrow to tell her if she got the job or not. She smiled and thanked him and then waved bye to me as she walked out and got into a car. It looked like a... Lamborghini. Almost exactly how Chris' Lamborghini looked, same color and style and everything! Before I could look at the license plate, the car sped off. I glanced up to try to see the driver, but the windows were too dark. I frowned. It couldn't have been Chris in that car that drove Sabrina home. That was impossible. Wasn't it?

CHRIS POV

I smiled at Sabrina as she got back in the car, and then I revved the engine and sped off back to her house. When we got there, I let myself in and sat on her couch. She sat on my lap, tracing circles on my chest.

"Chris."

"Yeah?" I asked.

"When do you graduate?" She complained. I chuckled.

"Just a few more months." I assured her. She smiled at me and laid her head in the crook of my neck. But she didn't feel right. She still felt good, but just like she wasn't supposed to be there. That place belonged to someone else, but I refused to think her name. I was such a wreck.

LUCAS POV

As I laid on my bed and stared up at the ceiling, I thought about Kylie. She was kind and sweet and I just wanted to ask her to officially be my girlfriend. But I wanted to wait until I took her on a date first. That way I could see her face to face and we didn't have to be in a crowded school hallway. I wanted it to be somewhere special. Well, not necessarily special, but just peaceful. Like a restaurant or something. I sighed. There was one other thing on my mind. Chris. Every time I passed him, he gave me a glare that clearly stated, "if we were alone right now I would murder you." What was up with that?! I had never even said anything to him! And he looked at Kylie like that too. It just made me wanna punch him in the face. But there was something else about it. Kylie always glanced up at him, blushed, and looked away. Like she was hiding something. I knew that if Chris glared at her like that, they couldn't possibly love each other, but it just gave me a feeling like something was different. Something else was going on. I wanted to find out, but I didn't want to pry too much into her personal life. I wasn't like that. I would give her time, and if she wanted to tell me, she would. I knew she would.

_______________

Sorry if this chapter is a little short :/ I just have a lot of stuff to write but I'm kinda tired right now since I've been typing all day xD anyway, hope you guys enjoy. This is probably my last update for today, and I might not update tomorrow since I'll be busy. But I'll update on Thursday for sure. :D