Chapter 21

KYLIE POV 

"It's a long story." I said, glancing up at Lucas. He laid down on my bed and put his hands behind his head. 

"I have time to listen." he said pointedly. I sighed.

"Fine. I work with Chris' girlfriend, and he wanted me to break up with her for him because he didn't have the guts to do it and she was getting on his nerves. He was very intimidating when at first I refused to do it, so then I gave in and said I would tell her. That's it. That's all that happened. End of story." I said, looking at him with a slightly annoyed look in my eyes at the fact that he didn't trust me. 

"Really?" he asked in a shocked tone. I smirked and nodded. It obviously wasn't what he was expecting. 

"I'm sorry for not trusting you. I'll trust you from now on." he assured me. I nodded again and he pulled me in his arms for a hug. My head was resting on his chest, and he tilted my face up until his lips met mine. I kissed him back, and then about three seconds later he was trying to take my shirt off again. I pulled away and glared at him,

"Seriously, what is your problem? How many times do I have to telll you that I don't want to do this?" I asked. He looked at the ground and sighed.

"You're right. I'm sorry." he said, but he sounded disappointed. Majorly disappointed. 

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." I said as he got up. 

"Yeah, see ya." and with that, he grabbed his jacket and walked out the door. I sighed and laid back on the bed. I needed someone to talk to, but Sabrina was out of the question. I always talked to Victoria and Samantha, and they always gave me the same advice. "It doesn't matter, just keep your head high and ignore all the bullshit." Yeah, that was good advice, but right now I needed some real advice. And the only person left was probably the last person I should really be talking to right now. I looked over at my phone and bit my lip. I picked it up and then went to his name in my contacts, and hit send. I waited and waited, and then on the fourth or fifth ring, he finally picked up. 

"Hey Kylie." 

"Chris." I said, not knowing what to say next. 

"Yeah? Is something wrong?" he asked, and I heard something in his voice. Concern? No, it couldn't be.

"Um, no, I was just...bored and your name was the first one I saw so I just...called." I lied. I had been planning to talk to someone about Lucas, but now Chris definitely seemed like the worst person to talk about that with. What the hell was I thinking?! 

"Oh. So, any real reason you called?" he asked. 

"Not really. I'm sorry that I bothered you...I'll just...bye." I said, hanging up the phone. I turned off my phone and then hid my head in my arms. I was so stupid! Why would I call HIM to talk about LUCAS?! I started laughing at my own stupidity, and it felt so good to laugh that I just kept laughing. Tears started running down my face as I continued laughing and I wondered if I was going crazy. I decided it didn't matter. 

CHRIS POV 

When she hung up I listened to the line go dead before I clicked the end button and threw my phone down. Why did she call? I could tell she called for a reason, but then changed her mind. I wondered what the reason was, then decided I didn't care, although I knew I was lying to myself. I closed my eyes and let myself drift into a deep sleep. 

When I woke up in the morning, I looked at my clock and realized I had overslept. I cussed loudly and shot out of bed, grabbing random articles of clothing and throwing them on before hurriedly brushing my teeth and running out the door. I got in my car and sighed in relief. Just enough time to get to school.