Chapter One

"This just is not going to work." My best friend Amanda scowled at my lame attempt at putting together a decent outfit. Of course this was a routine thing. I try to make myself look nice and Amanda comes in and basically tells me I look like an idiot. It's really not that I have crap clothes or anything, because all of my clothes are decently expensive and brand name, I just can't match anything together to save my life. Give me a kitchen and a random assortment of food and I will make you a delicious meal but I just don't have that kind of luck with clothing.

"I tried." I stated lamely to her. "Honestly, I thought this one would be okay."

"Delanie Amanda Swift if you think that this," she gestured to my outfit "is suitable for a Jason Breeze party, you are out of your freaking mind!" Amanda stomped her heeled foot on my carpet and began digging through my over flowing closet.

She already looked amazing for the party in her black sequined KARV dress and glittering black pumps. Compared to my black tights and dark green off the shoulder top, with no kind of wow factor to it, I could see how I was a wee bit under dressed. Amanda had her bright red hair done in perfect curls that rested just on her D sized breasts. At least she rarely complained about my dark brown and blonde hair, straightening it was one of my favorite past times so it was usually presentable. My brother James always said he was shocked that my hair hadn't fried up and fallen out yet.

As I was hit in the face with a bright pink dress, I heard my phone going off somewhere in my room. My room that looked like a tornado had gone flying through it. The cream-colored carpet was hardly noticeable under all the clothes that Amanda had just thrown everywhere and I had no idea where I had set down my phone. I followed the muffled sound of my ring tone and eventually found my iPhone in the mess of blankets on my queen sized bed.

"Who was that and put that freaking dress on already!" Amanda demanded.

"It was Cali." I responded as I pulled the black tights off my legs. There was no need to tell Amanda to turn around or go into the bathroom to change. We had been best friends our entire lives we had seen all there was to see of each other, for heaven's sake we had taken baths together until we were nine years old.

Amanda dialed our friend Cali's number and tapped her foot impatiently as I shimmied into the hot pink strapless dress.

"Aha!" she exclaimed. "I knew that would look perfect with your tan, all that sweating in the sun this summer paid off! You look hot."

'Thanks darlin, but you can't see me.' Cali's voice chimed from the speaker on Amanda's iPhone.

"I'm with Delanie, are you almost here?" Amanda sounded impatient as always.

'Pulling up now bitches.'

Just as we heard the words through the phone, we heard the honking of her red mustang convertible outside my house and through the phone. Before heading out, I took one last look in my full-length mirror. The pink dress did look good with my tanned skin, and my makeup looked fabulous as it usually did. That was the one thing I prided myself in, being able to do my makeup like I was getting ready for a photo shoot. It was one of the few talents I possessed.

"Top up." I commanded when I got into the back seat of Cali's beautiful car. "I didn't straighten my hair for nothing." As the top came up over our heads Amanda took in Cali's outfit and surprisingly, she had nothing bad to say about it. The white and black dress was simple enough and the white belt around her waist complemented her petite frame nicely. Her blonde hair was back combed to the fullest, and she looked ready to party the night away.

"So first Jason Breeze party of the year. Stoked?" Amanda questioned.

"Hell yeah!" Cali and I chimed together.