Chapter Three

It was finally the weekend and I could not wait for the final bell to ring signaling the end of the school week. I had spent most of the week trying not to vomit every time I turned a corner. Why you may ask? Because since Tuesday morning, I couldn't look anywhere without seeing Jayden Breeze making out with some slut in the hallway. Apparently he hadn't taken getting shut down too well and had to make himself feel better by drowning himself in ten different girl's mouths.

Obviously, this guy had never heard of public decency. Or being discreet considering I caught him staring at me while he practically got it on with one of his many bimbo's. Had me ignoring him in History class on his first day made him feel a little insecure? I would say so.

For somebody so good looking, Jayden was making himself look terrible. In a matter of one week he had created himself the reputation of a player, just like I predicted from the moment I laid eyes on him. He asked out at least three girls a day and sadly they would all say yes. I never understood why a girl would want to go out with a guy like that. Everyone knew that he was seeing several girls at once, who would want to give him the time of day? Not me. I was just glad that Jayden wasn't bothering me... mostly.

During gym the guy class and girl class were both outside, just as I was about to score a goal in our soccer game a football came soaring over and missed the back of my head by an inch. When I looked over, I saw shirtless Jayden trying not to laugh and requesting I throw the ball back to him. Instead of throwing it back to him, I walked over to him in my skimpy gym outfit, short shorts and a t-shirt that almost showed my naval, and handed him the ball. I smiled sweetly at him, placed a hand on his bare chest and sighed as I drew small circles on his muscled pecks.

"Jayden, you didn't have to screw up my goal just because you can't score with me." I shoved the football in his hands and patted his cheek gently before walking away. Every single girl in my gym class was staring at me when I casually took my place back on the soccer field. I couldn't stop smiling.

I had no idea where my confidence boost had come from, but I'll tell you this, it felt amazing to stick it to Jayden. When I relayed my golden moment to Amanda and Cali they both roared with laughter. Even they could tell that Jayden was trying to make me jealous by flaunting other girls when I was around. But I wasn't at all. Sure when I saw him kissing other girls it made my stomach turn, but that was because it disgusted me.

I jumped a bit as the final bell rang apparently I had too lost in thought to realize how fast time had gone by. Finally, Friday. I had been looking forward to tonight ever since Monday. The reason being it was Amanda's birthday! We had plans to have a girls' night but Cali, my brother James and I had thrown together a small birthday party at our house for her. There wasn't going to be that many people because our house isn't massive or anything and we have a lot of breakable, irreplaceable shit lying around. Just a few friends and a lot of alcohol.

Our plan to keep the party a surprise was simple enough. We were getting ready at Amanda's house so we could take her out for a nice birthday dinner. Truthfully, we were getting ready for the party at Amanda's house, James would shoot me a text message when everyone was at our house so that we would know it was time to go over there. I would 'forget my wallet' so we would have to stop at my house. And then SURPRISE! The plan was brilliant and fool proof.

When I reached my locker Amanda was gushing to Cali about the car her dad had gotten her; it was all we had heard about all day long. I already knew the description of it off by heart because she used the same speech to every person she told about it.

"Please don't tell me you forgot to tell her about the rain sensing wipers!" I said dramatically as I reached my two best friends. Cali and I laughed together but Amanda crossed her arms and stuck her nose in the air. "Come on, Amanda I'm just kidding. You know we are both happy for you."