Chapter Seven

Honestly, why is this girl being so damn difficult?

I obviously love a challenge and challenge is hard for me to come by these days. But this? This is not what I was expecting. When Delanie didn't show up for any classes we have together I was sort of worried about her. Then I realized... what? Your worried? About a girl? This is not like me at all.

By the time gym rolled around, and I didn't see her playing baseball with the girls' class I knew I had to ask somebody where she went. Just because I was curious, not worried. I had to keep reassuring myself that I really was just curious, Jayden Breeze doesn't care about any girl. So why did I practically race to find Amanda or Cali after school? Curiosity, I swear that's it.

"Cali! Good you're still..."

"Listen up Breeze, I might be dating your cousin but that doesn't mean I have to like you." Whoa, I had never heard this girl sound so angry. She always has a smile on her face. "You made Delanie sick, as in physically sick today, whatever game you're trying to play with her just stop. Not every girl wants to hook up with you! My friend hasn't had a crush on a guy ever since..." she cut herself off and took a deep breath "well that's not really your business... but she likes Josh and if you do anything to fuck that up I will chop off your balls and serve them to you on a silver platter. Got it?"

All I could do was nod and soak in all the information she had just told me. Delanie really liked Josh? Not every girl wants to hook up with me? What exactly was Cali about to say but decided against it? I had no idea, but I would find out.

***

"You said what!" I dropped my phone as I laughed uncontrollably about what Cali had just told me.

Immediately after getting sick at school I called Lucinda to pick me up. Not once in my entire life do I remember being so angry that I have vomited. My whole body was shaking as adrenaline pumped through my veins at such a rapid rate; I just couldn't handle it. You know what else I can't handle? Jayden stupid, jerk-face Breeze!

Honest to God if he approaches me at school I will rip him a new one. How can this guy not see that I really am not into him and that I never will be? You have to bepretty full of yourself to accuse somebody of pretending to like somebody just to make you jealous. If there is one thing I know about Jayden, it's that he thinks he could be king of the world if he wanted to.

"Cali," I scooped my phone off of the floor and put it back to my ear. "are you still there? I'm sorry I just cannot believe what you said to him! I would have loved to see his face!"

"I wish you could have seen it Delanie! He looked like a deer caught in headlights, I wouldn't be surprised if he was still standing by our lockers trying to figure out if I really meant it when I said that not every girl wants to hook up with him."

Have I ever mentioned I have the best friends ever? We are always there for each other no matter what the situation is, in this case Cali was there to defend me and threaten to chop off Jayden's balls. If that's not the act of a best friend then I don't know what would be.

After talking to Cali for a little while I got a text message from Josh, me being the love crazy girl that I apparently have become, hung up with Cali to chat with him. I had texted him almost right after I got sick to tell him that I wouldn't be in Home Ec, I had left out why I was sick, and he seemed genuinely concerned for my well being. That's exactly the kind of guy I want in my life, somebody genuine to match my genuine best friends. He had even offered to skip school to keep me company, but I didn't want us both to miss a full day of school. Even though the offer was extremely tempting, I had to turn it down. Although now that school was over, I had no problem with him coming to see me.