Chapter Thirteen

When Sunday night rolled around, I sat alone in my bedroom thinking about how drastically things had changed for me since meeting Jayden. I was happy and enjoyed going to school every day. Why would I not enjoy going to school when I got to spend more time with Jayden and my friends? I was trusting people and knocking down that wall that I had put up after everything with Scott.

Even though I knew Jayden was still a player, he wasn't acting like one anymore.. He was much more than a pretty face and cocky attitude. He was smart and caring, something I never would have expected from him. His days used to be filled with making out with random girls, and he now spent them with me and my friends, laughing and making memories. Who would have guessed that I would fall for Jayden Breeze? Definitely not me.

There was no reason to deny it, because it was obvious to anyone who saw us together. Girls hated me for the attention I received from him because he never cared about any of them. I don't have a clue what it was about me that made him stop hooking up and playing the field but I was happy about it. If he ever went back to his old ways I wouldn't hate him, I would hate myself.

That's what I hate most about starting to trust somebody. If they turn out to be exactly what you thought they were, you have nobody to blame but yourself for going against your better judgement. I didn't think that would happen with Jayden though; he seemed genuinely happy with just hanging out with us. Then again, I thought Josh was a genuinely good guy, my judge of character is off.

After thinking non stop about Jayden and how much things have changed between us, I realized that I was supposed to be getting ready for a date with him. I snatched up my phone and checked the time, eight o'clock. I had just a half an hour to get ready before Jayden showed up at my house. He wouldn't tell me where we were going, so I had no idea what I should wear, unfortunately my two best friends weren't around to help me get ready this time.

Twenty-five minutes later my hair was pin straight, makeup done beautifully and a pink sundress was hugging my waist. Just as I was brushing my teeth, the doorbell rang, and I ran to answer it. I could feel tooth paste dribbling down my chin and I didn't even think to wipe it away before answering the door. I was too excited to see him.

"You have tooth paste on your face." was the first thing that Jayden said to me. I rolled my eyes and motioned for him to take a seat while I finished getting ready.

He was looking really good. His dark hair was sexy messy, just the way I like it and his clothes were crisp and clean as always. The dark jeans that hugged his hips were slightly baggy but the tight black and white t-shirt that emphasized his muscles made up for that.

"So where are you taking me?" I said yanking him off of my living room couch. He pulled me into a tight hug and lifted me off the ground a few inches. My heart fluttered pathetically.

"Wouldn't you love to know?" he whispered seductively in my ear. It sent a wave of goosebumps across my body, which Jayden noticed. How embarrassing.

As I turned the color of a tomato Jayden led me out the door and to his car. We didn't drive for over two minutes when he parked on the side of the road right beside Selesity Park. I stepped out of the car and he took his hand in mine and started dragging me towards my favorite willow tree. Under neath the beautiful low-hanging branches were a blanket and a mini cooler. Is it just me or have we been here before?

I turned to Jayden and smiled ear to ear. This is exactly what he did for me after giving me all those weird gifts. The same tree. A different relationship between Jayden and I. My stomach was grumbling, and I hoped he brought the same food again.

"This is adorable." I said as I kicked off my shoes and sat on the blanket.

"Awe, come on you don't really think that." he said sounding bashful.