Chapter Five

Three days had passed since the day in the park with Jayden and he hadn't bothered me... much. Mostly he was just trying to talk to me a lot, when I started getting in trouble in class because of it I had to tell him to shut up. Honestly, I didn't think guys could talk that much. He tried talking to me about everything. Magazines, sports, movies, celebrities, music, food, the list goes on and on.

I was glad to see that he was still sucking face with several girls a day, maybe he just wanted me as a friend? That wouldn't be too bad as long as he never ever touched me. The simple move he had pulled on me at the park had been like an alarm going off in my head, making me snap to my senses. No matter if he was just trying to be friendly or not players still only had one thing in mind and that was getting lucky. I would never be alone with Jayden again, that I knew for sure.

For the first time in a while, I found myself getting excited to go to school in the mornings. I saw Jason more because he was always hanging around Cali. I really wished they would just get together already. Then there was Josh. During Home Ec we were constantly flirting with each other. He was my kind of guy; Really cute and nice, his dark hair and hazel eyes were just a perfect combination and girls weren't constantly going after him. I knew he liked me and I was trying to make it obvious that I liked him so that he would ask me out.

On Thursday afternoon, the Home Ec teacher handed us a list of different recipes we could choose from to make. Without planning it or anything, Josh and I both looked up from our papers and said 'Cinnamon Buns' then bursted out laughing. That's a quick way to my heart, a guy who knows good food. Cinnamon Buns are quick to make so we had a bit of free time after we finished cooking. We did a couple laps around the school, eating and laughing together. It was nice to feel this way about a guy again.

I was always conscious of where my hands were and what I was saying. If one of those awkward moments happened where our hands brushed and we both pulled away quickly I would just die. I didn't want to say anything stupid in front of him; I didn't know it when we first started talking but he is actually smart. It's not that I'm not smart I just tend to say things that don't make sense sometimes.

"You're cute when you're embarrassed." Josh said nudging me in the side slightly. He had just told me I had icing from my cinnamon bun smeared on my nose, that was embarrassing.

"You said I'm cute." I said in a singsong voice, trying to embarrass him, but that didn't embarrass him at all.

"Didn't you already know I think your cute?" He said raising an eyebrow at me. I knew he thought I was cute, why else would he have dared me to make out with him? But I wasn't going to just say that straight out, I may not have dated in a while but I still know how to do things right.

"Not really to be honest." He had stopped walking and turned to face me. It was a little weird standing in the middle of the very empty hallway that was usually bustling full of people, it was eerily quiet.

"Really? Cause I thought you would have caught on with that stunt I pulled at Amanda's birthday." He knew that I was playing dumb. Damn he really is smarter than I thought he was.

"You were drunk." I said nonchalantly. "It could have meant nothing to you and I would have never known." I shrugged my shoulders at him and gave a cute what-can-ya-do smile. Apparently he liked this because he grabbed one of my hands and intertwined it with his own. This small action awakened thousands of butterflies in my stomach. I felt as if I was on the ride at the carnival that brings you high into the air and drops you to the ground. What a rush.

"Just so you know," he said in a small whisper as he leaned in closer to me "it meant something to me." He was close to kissing me; His lips were literally just about to touch my own. I was excited. I had been waiting for this ever since the last time we had kissed. We had been drunk then, so it didn't mean nearly as much as it meant to me right in that moment.