Chapter Eleven

Waking up next to Jayden Breeze was definitely a strange way to start my Sunday morning. Even more strange was the fact that I didn't immediately push his arm off of me or shove him out of my bed. He deserved this at the very least. If it weren't for him, I would be in a whole new world of pain. Not that I'm not hurting from what Josh tried to do to me, I am extremely hurt. Although it would have been a million times worse had I slept with him. Luckily, Jayden had stopped that from happening.

I had been beyond furious when I saw that he had shown up to my house. That anger was nothing compared to the blistering rage that I felt when I saw Scott. The biggest douche in the world was related to the best actor in the world. Josh had played the part so well, he was so sweet and caring but little did I know it was all to get in my pants. Now that I think of it, how Josh acted was how Scott had acted towards me... before he broke my heart obviously.

Perhaps I should take an oath to allow no boy near me again. Then that would mean I would have to shove Jayden out of my bed, and I didn't want to do that. His warm arm was draped over me and his slow, relaxed breaths were tickling the hairs on the back of my neck. More than anything I wanted to roll over and look at his face. I had a feeling he looked adorable when he was sleeping. But if I moved, I would wake him and then the awkwardness would begin... so instead I laid there with my eyes open thinking about how stupid I could be sometimes. There I was laying in bed with a guy, that until recently I hated, after almost being humiliated and having my heart crushed... again.

I sighed to myself and moved out from under his arm as sneakily as I could and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I first woke up I didn't feel hungover, huge shocker considering how much I drank, but the small walk from my room to the bathroom had sent my stomach into a fit of gurgles. Just before it all came spewing out I lifted the toilet seat and pulled my hair back out of my face. It just kept coming and coming until there was nothing left to throw up except stomach acid.

"Are you okay?" I whipped around and saw Jayden standing in the bathroom doorway looking a bit disgusted. Who wouldn't be? The entire bathroom probably smelled like puke and vodka.

"Water." I croaked and pointed to the sink. Jayden filled up the glass of cold water and handed it to me quickly before stepping back away from the source of the stink. I quickly rinsed out my mouth a couple times and then drank the remaining water, it felt good on my now sore throat.

"You look like hell..."

"Really? I thought I would look like a fairy-tale princess after a night like that." I rolled my eyes and filled up the glass again and drank it all down before speaking again. "What did you expect? Malibu Barbie?"

"I didn't mean to offend you." he said with his head down. "Look, I'm sorry for sleeping in your bed, but you asked me to stay with you. I was just worried they might come back and try to finish what they started. You don't understand how angry I was, and I didn't want anything to happen to you. I never want anything bad to happen to you." Jayden rambled on and I stood there smiling because it was one of the most adorable things I had ever witnessed. I cracked a smile when he finally stopped rambling and he looked back at me a little flushed.

"Jayden Breeze are you blushing?" I said in a teasing tone.

"No." he blurted before turning around and leaving me alone in the bathroom with the gross aroma.

A crap load of toothpaste and a half a can of febreeze later, the taste and smell of vomit was finally gone. I returned to my room and took in my full reflection for the first time. Jayden wasn't kidding. I looked like hell. I was still in my party clothes from the night before and they were all wrinkled from sleeping in them. My eyes were puffy from crying and black streaks ran down my face, note to self purchase cry proof makeup. The curls in my hair had fallen into tangles and my head looked like a frizzy mess. The only way to fix this was a nice hot shower.