History

Author's note:

Happy new year guys! Just a question, if you were to decide what happens in the next chapter... what would you want to happen?

-lucidity-

---

No signs, no lights. Such a mess all over, don't kill your hopes.

I groaned like a zombie as I heard my phone singing its ring tone. "Ahh...." The noise had stopped when I picked up the wake up call, "...Hello?"

"Hyakuya...Yuu! Good morning!" It was Mika's voice. He sounded so bright and happy just like when we were kids. But his memories weren't unlocked just yet. Not yet...

"Ahh.... morning." I grumbled sheepishly. Mika's voice sounded surprised, "Did you just wake up? Hey, it's almost noon!"

The mention of time made my eyes grow large. I hadn't noticed how late it was until Mika had said so. Maybe I was more tired than I thought I was. Mika chuckled on the other line as he must have thought I was being silly. It had comforted me to hear him happy.

"Are you busy this afternoon?" He asked with a cheerful voice. I stretched my arms, the phone pressed against my ear and shoulder, "Nah. What's up?"

"Wanna grab some lunch together?", He said.

I held the phone in my hand and rose up the bed. As I spoke with Mika, I decided to put on some clothes, "Sounds great. Where should we meet?"

"I'll message you the details, Hyakuya Yuu. See you in two hours!" He said. From the tone of his voice, he was planning on hanging up without letting me say any more. But I instantly stopped him, "Hey, Mikaela. Just Yuu is fine. I'll even let you add a chan if you think it's cute."

He coughed, probably not expecting what I had said, "O-okay... Yuu-chan. Just Mika is fine too." He chuckled a bit, and I reciprocated the same reaction, "Alright. See you in two hours, Mika."

I had gone to the bathroom to wash my face. As water splashed all over, I took a glance at the mirror above the sink. A grin spread across my face. I was going to meet Mika again, and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

The next few minutes had me preoccupied with getting ready to head out. I wrote a note and stuck it on a fridge to tell Guren that I was going out and that I'd be home late today... or never. Heh.

The door shut tight as I exited the house, rushing to where Mika and I had agreed to meet. I took a train to my destination. We had arranged to see each other at a certain cafe.

It wasn't very big nor was it too small. The place had a vintage feel to it, tea cups and old english looking furniture were spread out on the place. Its walls were painted in a faint carnation. A tiny bell gave a small chiming sound as I entered. It made me look at the surroundings, conscious about being in a kind of place I don't usually go to.

"W-welcome!" A curly brown haired boy wearing a butler outfit greeted me. His name tag had the name Yoichi. My eyes darted left and right to check if Mika was around but there were no signs of him.

"Table for one, sir?" The guy named Yoichi gave me a coy smile.

I shook my head at him, "I'm waiting for a friend."

He walked over to a table by the window. It had two vacant seats with royal blue cushions placed on them. "You can stay here while waiting for them." Yoichi smiled as he went off to the counter. I sat down on the chair, instantly getting my phone to check if Mika had sent me a message.

I hadn't heard from him since he told me where we would meet, so I told him I was already at the cafe. The cafe had a calming atmosphere to it, there was Bossa Nova music playing and people weren't very noisy. I could smell the sweet aroma of Coffee and cake surrounding the place. I wonder if Mika usually came to this place?