Farewell

Tack

Tack

Tack

Fast footsteps

"Mika! Hurry up!"

Tack

Tack

Tack

Our breaths rushing in adrenaline

"Yuu...!"

Splash

Water bounced in the air as my best friend, Mikaela, fell down on a puddle sitting on the dirty ground.

We were running for our lives. Two six year olds, who didn't know any better, were running away from adults who wanted to destroy our innocence.

"Mika!" I shouted, looking at my blonde friend.

Mika grimaced in pain, looking at his leg, "Yuu... I think I sprained my leg."

Tack

Tack

How did a couple of six year olds get in this situation you ask? It all started out this afternoon when Mika and I were going for a walk.

The two of us had no parents, so going out by ourselves was normal. The only family we had were the kids back in the orphanage we belonged to.

While we were walking, a man about in his mid twenties approached us. He had pale lavender hair tied in a pony tail, wearing a white suit and a haughty smile. I felt a little suspicious, but Mika seemed to know the guy because he talked to him.

The two exchanged words, and from what I caught on was that Mika had been meeting this man. His name was Ferid, and he was a rich business man. I don't exactly know what they do when they meet... but Mika was spoiled by Ferid apparently.

"Mika-chan?" Ferid spoke with a mischievious voice as he looked at me, "Whose your friend?"

Mika replied with a smile, "That's Yuu. My bestfriend."

I narrowed my eyes at Ferid. Something about the guy seemed funny. He was suspicious no matter how much I looked at him.

"How about you boys come join me for some ice cream? We can take a ride on my van~" Ferid giggled.

I frowned, annoyed at his tone, "No w--..."

Mika's hand slapped at my mouth, not letting my words escape. He gave out a laugh, "Of course. We'd be more than happy to, Mr. Ferid!"

Ferid's eyes sparkled with excitement as Mika said those words, "Such a good boy as always..." He gave a pat and caressed Mika's hair, "...my little Mika."

I cringed as I heard Ferid call my bestfriend his own. Somehow, it felt so wrong on so many levels. As if it were implying that Ferid had ownership over Mika. That he was Ferid's pet. His slave.

We both hopped in Ferid's van, and we were shocked at all the men inside with us. Ferid entered with grace, sitting beside Mika.

The atmosphere felt heavy. I was restly and uneasy for some reason. But I let slide because it seemed like Mika really wanted to go with this Ferid person.

At first everything seemed a little okay because the van had passed by a road where there were many people. If we go down here, Mika and I would be able to get away. That's what I thought. But then, the van took a sudden turn, and it was there that Mika realized that something was up.

"Mr. Ferid?" Mika cocked his brow, "W-where exactly are we going?"

I looked at the window outside. We seemed to be heading towards a... factory or something? It was definitely shady no matter what, and hearing Mika alarmed made me feel a bit of panic.