Chapter 31 - Sexy but Simple

Ok I just finished my last cupcake just before I started this chapter I hope you guys like it! On with the show!

Chapter 31- Sexy but simple.

Nate’s POV

The moment Eva got that mischievous look in her eyes when she spoke I knew we were in for an entertaining night. I looked around the room and noticed the mixed expressions. Some confused, some wary, but excitement passed through everyone’s faces as she suggested we go out.
“And where do you suggest we go Short stack?” Kevin asked her with a grin.
“Oh I was thinking maybe...Godiva’s for dinner and then The Pound for a little fun.” She told us with a grin. Megan jumped up and flew across the room and all but tackled her in a hug. “LOVE IT!” She screamed. Luke’s low growl caused a round of chuckles around the room. I was assuming the way her face lit up she must mean dinner and dancing. All the times I went out with Eva she got a little out of control, I just hoped tonight she would rein it in a little…doubtful but I can always hope right?

“Chill out Godzilla, it’s just a hug.” Eva giggled out at him.
“Yea I’ve heard that before.” He mumbled never taking his eyes off Eva and Megan. Megan let go but linked her arm with Eva’s with a grin. “He’s probably still sore about bath time last night.” She laughed out.
“Bath time?” I questioned with a grin.
“You have my attention.” Chad chimed in.
another growl rolled through the room from Luke. “Oh for heaven sake’s Luke, Chill pill please! It was an accident and you know it.” Eva said.
“Accident my ass, but I guess I can’t blame her too much. I know just how dirty you can get.” Luke said sending her a wink effectively causing a deep blush to spread across Eva’s face. I watched Luke’s form relax a little more as he slumped over the counter and waited for her next come back.
“Well if that’s how you feel about it, I think us girls will take our leave now. We need to get cleaned up before we get all dirty again.” Eva shot back at him with a smile that would have melted any man she was around. Lucky for her she was mated. I swear either she knows exactly how to get under us guy’s skin or she is just that oblivious to her own actions to just not catch on.
“Just remember, my hearing is excellent so behave yourselves while you’re up there.” He smirked.
I couldn’t help but smile at their light playful banter. I don’t think I have ever seen a smile like that on Eva ever, or a blush that deep. It was hard to make her blush, but Luke seemed to know exactly how to work her. I knew they were mated by their scents but I wasn’t sure why she let it happen so quickly.
“Awe, you take away all my fun.” Eva teased with a smile as she pulled Megan towards the door.
“Trisha, Faith, Molly you guys coming?” Eva called from the doorway. All three girls jumped up and followed her retreating form up the stairs.

All eyes fell back on Luke. “Bath time?” Chad questioned again. Causing a chuckle to fall from Luke.
“Yea, well let’s just say those two are WAY too close, under any other circumstances I wouldn’t mind too much but right now I hate to say this but I can actually say I am beyond jealous of that girl.” He said almost dryly.
“Of Megan? Why?” Gage asked.
“Hmm…well how would you feel if your mate was caught making out or sharing a bath with her?” Luke asked him with a smile. A low possessive growl slipped through Gage’s lips as he thought about it. “Yea and now remember how close their friendship is. Would you be able to tell her just how frustrating it is?” Luke asked him.
You could see that Kevin and Gage were both thinking though their relationships with their mates and what they would do that wouldn’t put them in the doghouse on a permanent basis. But as for the rest of us the frustrated groans that filled the room were almost uncontrollable as we thought about the situation.  Not that I would mind if I was mated but right now… the image looked like something I would find on the internet somewhere. Ok I have got to stop.
“See? Not that easy is it?” Luke chuckled as we all shook our heads trying to clear the images that were now there. And with a pack mind it wasn’t that easy when everyone was having just as hard of a time as you were.
“Ok so what’s the plan then?” I questioned.
“I honestly don’t know. The last time I tried to give her a push of any type, I successfully ran her off and when she came back she brought back a stray so, I say I let this play out how ever it may without it killing me along the way…or me killing someone.” Luke said with a mischievous smirk.
I smirked a little when a brilliant idea came to me. “You want my opinion?” I asked him.
Everyone’s eyes turned to me curiously. I stood up from the table where I was sitting and made my way across the room to him with an evil smirk that would have made Eva proud.
“Oh I am so not making out with you! FORGET IT BRO!” Luke snap growled at me. He almost jumped out of his skin as I stopped in front of him. The room fell silent; I stopped instantly with a crooked smile.
“If I was gonna do it I would have done it by now don’t you think?” I questioned. He thought about it for a moment then decided I was right about that. I’m really not one to be all that shy about my feelings so I knew he would understand as soon as I said it.
“Ok then, what do you suggest?” He asked.
“Well from what I can see, being patient doesn’t really work too well, being ‘the nice guy’ isn’t working out all too well either. But something got her to give in. What happened last night that caused her to give in to her…instincts?” I asked choosing my words carefully.
“I honestly don’t know. One minute we were fighting and I was pissed and the next thing I knew we were…” He stopped as soon as we heard the low growl from Kevin.
“Yea, I didn’t need to know that.” Kevin snipped at him.
“Sorry man, I know she’s your sister but she’s not a little girl anymore…trust me.” Luke said with a small smirk.
“It’s alright, just try to not talk about her like that with me around. I really don’t want to know…anything about that.” Kevin grimaced.
“Moving on.” Brad interjected. “I’m gonna go get ready to go. If I know Eva then we are on a time frame and it’s not a very big one. I’d say like 3 hours and they will be banging our doors down demanding we leave dressed or not. And I for one will not be the one drug out naked again.” Brad said with a small smile.
The others in the room nodded in agreement and followed him out of the room quickly, leaving me and Luke to our talk.
“Ok so what your saying is you were fighting just before she caved?” I asked as soon as the others were out of earshot.
Luke nodded. “Yea, I don’t even understand how we went from that to…that!
“You really wanna know?” I asked him. I smiled as I remembered how my mom and dad used to be. My mom had an uncanny ability of pissing my dad off something horrible, but she always caved as soon as his Alpha started to push through. I always tried to get the hell out of the room as quick as I could at that point. She later had explained that a female wolf no matter how strong or stubborn will always submit to a dominating male. He will balance her out in ways she never even thought possible. She passed on what she knew about mates to me a few months before she passed.
“Sure, let’s hear it.” Luke scoffed. I smiled at him as I leaned against the island in the middle of the kitchen.
“It’s in her nature to submit to you bro. She’s not made to lead you, she’s made to follow. As her Alpha she has to follow your rule, but as your mate it gives her the wiggle room the rest of us don’t have. You just have to learn how to be her Alpha in a different venue.” I said with a grin. I could see he was thinking though what I had just said.
“So what are you saying? I need to lay down the law with her no matter what?” He scoffed again.
“In a sense yes. Let her mate lay down the law for you. The results may just surprise you.” I smiled as I pushed myself off of the counter. I silently left the room to let him think about what I just said.