Chapter 6- One hell of a headache

Chapter 5- One hell of a headache.

I laid in a groggy state in and out of sleep the whole way back to the pack house. After we got to the pack house Dr Sarah was waiting. Luke put me on the couch and I almost screamed. I could hear Kevin keep whispering I'm sorry over and over again, and man was it annoying! I growled at him to shut up then the Dr poked my leg and turned my growl to her. "OOOWWW!" I snapped. She quickly gave me something for pain then numbed the area and started to stitch me up. By the time she wrapped my leg up; I had a goofy smile on my face and spouting random things off at them all. "Hey Kevin, I totally kicked your ass bro! Ha-ha! I'm a Jedi master!" I snickered. He rolled his eyes like a girl. 
"You think you're so funny don't you?" He chuckled. 
"Yeah, you fight like a girl!" I giggled. I and my big mouth were writing checks it couldn't cash again. 
Luke chuckled while Kevin rolled his eyes. I looked at Luke and before I could catch my mouth it spoke my thoughts "your Purdy" I slurred at him causing a laugh from everyone in the room. We fell silent for a few moments and I couldn't help but link Luke 

'Psssttt...Anyone home?'
 I asked. He smiled at me. 
'Of course. Any particular reason you ask?' He responded. 
"I have a song stuck in my head since we left my secret bat cave.' I said softly. 
'What's that Doll?' He asked still smiling at me. I think he was waiting for me to spout something crazy off but I didn't. I took a deep breath and turned my head to him, his eyes locked with mine, while I silently sung. 'When the waves are flooding the shore, and I can't find my way home any more, that's when I... I look at you. When I look at you, I see forgiveness, I see the truth, You love me for who I am, Like the stars hold the moon, Right there where they belong, And I know I'm not alone' I had no idea why they were in my head they just were. His eyes brightened a bit, 
'Thank you.' he said. His smile was all it took to make my wolf purr... Damn slut. I thought. 

'Hey Dopey, I am not a slut! He may not be our mate but he sure as hell acts like one so let me enjoy it while it lasts please. You will push him away soon enough and I won't have any more moments like this, probably NEVER with the way you're going...mate or not, ya big prude.' My wolf huffed at me. 
'Hey I am not a prude, I just pick and choose. I don't want my heart broke or end up like we did 3 years ago. Almost killed us both.' 
I told her.
'Yes but we are stronger now.'
'Oh shut up would you. And I am not Dopey'
'Whatever you say'
 Then she was quiet, but I could still feel her lightly purring in the back of my mind. I rolled my eyes but let it go.

 "Question for you... where did you learn to fight?" Luke asked his voice out loud shocked me for some reason.
"Oh Cause I'm a girl and girls can't fight? "I snickered.
"No, I'm just curious cause you took him down with very little effort in the end." 
"I had no choice, I'm a ninja with Zen powers. I hoped he would hold control but he didn't." I turned to Kevin "don't you know you're supposed to be at ONE with your wolf and not lose the grip on him? If you could talk to Yoda like me so you would now this. Such a baby he is." They both looked shocked trying hard not to laugh.
"Um you didn't answer me. "Luke said still holding his laughter in.

I tried to remember his question but for the life of me I couldn't. I giggled as the Dr. finished my leg up. "Remember the question I don't. Repeat it you must" they both finally laughed and I smiled wider until, Even Sarah smiled as she worked on me. I looked at the Dr. as she moved to my arm. I hissed as she set it and wrapped it in a sling.

"Where and when did you learn to fight?" Oh that was it. I laughed as she poked me with numby stuff on my cheek. I felt a pinch but it didn't faze me any.

"I'm a ninja don't you know that?" I said as the numbness spread through my face. I couldn't help it; I blew raspberries through my numb face and giggled. Dr Sarah scolded me to hold still while she stitched my cheek. I didn't understand why we stitched things up we would heal in less than 24-48 hours any way. 
"Seriously though, where and when?" Kevin asked this time stifling a laugh. 
"At ninja school." I said with a serious face. He rolled his eyes. 
"OK new approach, why did you learn how to fight at 'ninja school' Eva?" Luke asked trying not to laugh at my words. "Cause a douche bag tried to hurt me once. I didn't want to be weak anymore." I told them. 
"Alright when did you start training?" Kevin asked. 
"Almost 3 years ago.  Why do you ask such silly questions young pad-wan?" I said as Sarah finished with my stitches.
"Alright sweetie, I'm gonna give you something for pain and it will knock you out it will take about 10 minutes to take effect though." Sarah said with a kind smile. I nodded with a smile, already droopy from the first dose she gave me.
"Eva, why did you not go for a kill shot when you clearly saw his wolf was?" Luke asked me once Sarah gave me my happy shot. 
"Cause I couldn't, his wolf had complete control and needed to be shut down. I'm not going to hurt my brother over our stupid pride. The cheap shooting bastard. "I said laying my head back. I could feel the meds starting to take effect.
"How though? Your wolf had control too." Luke said. I rolled my head to look at him.