Chapter 20- Monkey see, Monkey do!

*************************

WOW just WOW I don't even know what to say. I am totally flabbergasted! Almost 12,000 Reads! and 383 votes!! WOW! Holy Toledo batman! Ok well I am going to get this one out to your guys a little earlier than I had planed just because your soooo AWESOME! :D So here you go without further adieu...

On with the show!

Chapter 20 - Monkey see, Monkey do!

****Eva POV****

Their eyes held mine until I stood. They mimicked my movements as I paced towards them and they met me half way. I guess it was the beginnings of my Luna position in the pack compelling me to confront them.  I held myself high looked them in the eye. I waited only 2 seconds before they both dropped their eyes and bowed their head in respect for my position.
"This is not your territory, why are you here? " I questioned. They looked scared outta their minds. I started to relax seeing their submissive stances.
"We're sorry, we were just passing through. We don't want any trouble. We've had enough to last a lifetime." The older of the two girls said.
I sighed. "What do you mean?" I questioned.
"The pack we were with demanded us to be mated with the high ranker's after our parents passed. They wanted my sister to be mated to their beta and we said no. He is horrible and mean. So we ran. We really don't want any trouble." she said
I nodded. I could smell the fear rolling off of them both. I didn't sense any lies from them "Well we cant allow that now can we and we can't very well turn you out. What are your names?" I asked.
"I'm Trisha and this is Faith" Trisha said.
"How old are you girls?" i asked.
"I'm 18 and she's 16 she'll turn 17 in a month." Trisha said.

I looked at Faith and smiled at her even though her eyes were still on the ground. "Faith you have nothing to be afraid of. You can look at me." I told her softly. Her eyes fluttered up at me. She had very pretty features and they didn't look like they had been on the run too long.
"Well let me go get our alpha and speak with him. Would you girls like to stay?" I asked.
"We wouldn't want to put you out like that. We were only here to get something to eat." it was faith who finally spoke. "Nonsense! Its no trouble at all. You girls are welcome to stay no matter what he says. Trust me" I started to tell them. But from the look of fear that just crossed their faces I could almost bet on who was now approaching behind me.

I glanced back and sure enough there was Luke. His eyes zoned in on the two girls. I  perched my hand on my hip and sighed. I could feel the alpha power roll off of him even at his distance which he was rapidly closing. I rolled my eyes when I heard the low growl as he reached my side and tried to pull me behind him. I shook him off of me. "All right Mr. Hulk chill out let me explain." I started.
"Explain what? Why we have two  rogues on our land or why you are talking to them?" He questioned.
His eyes were turning black and I knew I needed to diffuse the situation and fast.
"Listen, they are no threat. Look at them, they are scared to death right now. They have no family and they are alone. Trust me on this please." I said softly to him. He turned his hard eyes to me and they quickly softened and faded back to their gorgeous green.
He nodded. "Trisha, Faith, this is Alpha Luke, of the midnight pack." I said. Their eyes got even wider. "How did we not know we were on their territory?" faith asked her sister.
"I don't know." she replied.
"Sometimes when we run aimlessly from our pasts we don't pay attention to where we are going. Trust me on that. Don't worry though I will have you whipped in to shape in no time. How long have you guys been running?" I asked.
"3 months" Faith said.
"Why are you running?" Luke asked. And Trisha explained To him their story only in more detail than they did with me. I understood why she was sharing more with him than with me. Its not like you can just tell by looking at me that I'm his mate. These poor girls were nothing but pure and warm. There was no sense of bad in them. They just wanted to be happy, and who could blame them.

Luke finally agreed to let them stay and join our pack on the conditions that they start no problems. They both agreed quickly.
We went back to the table and everyone but Megan, Nate and Kevin were already there eating.
We introduced the new comers to the group and they fell in nicely. Although it was entertaining to watch Seth and the twins lame attempts at flirting that went completely unnoticed.

Luke had grabbed a bit of everything from tacos to pizza to burgers and fries. I guess he didn't want to screw up and get me the wrong thing. I took a burrito and a slice of pizza and nibbled on it while we got to know the new girls.
I looked up and smiled when I heard Nate's voice. He was trying to get Kevin's attention but it wasn't working. He waved his hand in front of his face and nothing. I started to get a little worried when I saw his eyes glaze over and darken and the tray in his hand start to shake. I followed his gaze and realized what was happening...again. I smirked.
I looked at Luke and smiled. "And another ones gone and another ones gone....and another one bites the dust." I sang softly. He raised his eyebrows and looked at me like I lost my mind. I nodded my head at Kevin who was still frozen. His confusion quickly faded to amusement and Pride in his pack. He was happy for Kevin and who could blame him. Its about time he got his head out of his ass. Luke turned back to me with a sweet little smile and winked at me. I returned his smile but I felt the blood rush to my face with the tall tell signs of a dark blush covering my face.