chapter Eighteen

Once we got inside the arena the boys headed off to get ready. I threw my purse in their dressing room and went to go explore the place, I made my way to the merch table and sat with the guys that ran it. Kyle of course was there.

"How ya doing?" He asked me when nobody was paying attention

"I'm okay, I'm really sorry you had to see me like that." I was really embarrassed I didn't even know Kyle that well.

"Don't sweat it, my sister has really bad anxiety too." He said shrugging, before one of the other guys started talking to him. I don't know why but his statement made me feel better. We didn't talk much after that till the concert started.

This was one of the biggest arena we've been too and I was getting nervous around all these people, plus so many fans wanted to take pictures with me and talk to me. I just wasn't in the right head space for it, I sat down on one of the chairs behind the table and pulled out my phone to try to distract myself. I was scrolling through Twitter not actually reading anything when someone lightly grabbed my knee making me jump. I looked up quickly and see Joey, one of the stage managers.

"Uh hi can I help you?" I said as nicely as possible

"The boys wanted me to take you to their dressing room the shows almost over." I just nodded and followed him. He leads me into a dressing room before closing the door. Fuck

"Um what's going on?" I backed up against a wall expecting him to come closer but he stayed right next to the door.

"Don't be scarred doll I'm not gonna hurt you." He chuckled my breathing started to get heavy someone please tell me this isn't really happening. I thought the boys made me safe.

"What do you want from me?"

"I just think that you're one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen!" I didn't need to hear anything else to start having a full on panic attack.

I curled up against the wall and just started sobbing while choking for air. Joey must have been freaked out or something because even through my blurred eyes I couldn't see anyone in the room anymore, I was working on calming myself down when Kyle ran into the room. I flinched when he got closer to me but my panic attack had gone and now I was just sobbing because I thought that part of my life was over. I thought that since I was one directions daughter people couldn't take advantage of me anymore. That I was safe, I was fucking wrong.

"Hey hey hey, what's going on?" He asked not actually expecting an answer but when he got close enough to me I lacked my arms around his neck and sobbed some more I could tell he was startled at first but slowly he wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back.

"I thought I was safe." Was the only thing I could say. His body stiffened for only a second before he went back to trying to comfort me

"You're safe. I promise you skyler you are safe now.

"I wanna go home." I cried my head was feeling dizzy.

"Okay just give me one second and I will find someone to take you home." He said trying to let go of me

"NO!" I yelled holding onto him tighter I don't know why.

"Do you want me to take you home?" I just nodded into his shoulder. He hummed and carefully stood up while helping me do the same. I grabbed my bag while Kyle called an Uber. The car ride was silent and so was the walk up to my hotel room. I let him come inside and we sat on the barstools by the mini kitchen. Wherever we were this time the boys said we'd be staying awhile.