Prologue

Transparent Eyes

Prologue

 Pringles or Monster Munch?

I stood in the supermarket, holding a blue bag of Monster Munch and a red box of Pringles, wondering which one I should buy. I was very indecisive sometimes.

My phone vibrated in my pocket so I took it out and found that one of my closest friends, Lindsay, sent me a picture on Snapchat. I unlocked my iPhone and laughed when I saw her picture. She had her light brown hair tied up in a ponytail and she was making a really ugly fish face.

When the picture was gone, I double tapped to reply. I looked at myself on the screen of my phone and gasped.

I forgot to put on my contact lenses.

Shit.

I immediately turned off the front camera and slid my phone into my pocket, grabbing both, the bag of Monster Munch and the box of Pringles, along with the stuff my dad asked me for and ran to an empty cash register.

I let my hair down and tried my best to cover my eyes. I kept on looking down till I heard the woman tell me, “Twenty dollars.”

I took the money out of my pocket and gave it to her, still looking down. I then grabbed the bags and ran as fast as I could, my eyes glued to the floor.

I’m so stupid! I can’t believe I forgot to put on my blue contact lenses.

Idiot, idiot, idiot!

Suddenly, I ran into someone and let out a yelp as I felt myself falling. I didn’t fall, though, because the person I ran into caught my arm. I winced from the pain I felt in my arm where he was holding me but it was better than falling.

“Whoa, are you okay?” He said.

I nodded quickly, my eyes on my shoes, and ran past him.

“Hold on!” He yelled, grabbing my arm again and pulling me back.

I tripped and for the second time in less than one minute I felt like I was falling. I held onto the stranger’s shoulder, and my head involuntarily snapped up for one second before I looked down again, realizing my mistake. I caught a flash of his face; dark hair, brown eyes, long nose. I just wished he didn’t get the chance to notice my face.

I heard him gasp and I hoped that it was because I hurt him but I knew that he had seen them.

“W-what the…” he trailed off as I kept my gaze down.

“Sorry!” I squeaked and tried to run away but he wouldn’t let me.

“Y-your eyes,” he stuttered.

“My eyes are fine,” I replied quickly. I took advantage of his shocked state and ran past him. My house was literally a minute away from the supermarket but I was speed walking so I made it there in around forty seconds.

“What’s wrong?” my dad asked when he heard me slam the front door and lean on it, panting heavily.

“I forgot my lenses!” I hissed and his eyes widened when he saw my transparent eyes.

“Did anyone see?” He asked.

“I-I don’t know. I think a guy did,” I replied. “I’m so stupid!”

“It’s okay,” My dad said, trying to calm me. “It’s okay.”

I sighed as I took the bags to the kitchen. I really hoped he thought he was hallucinating but what I didn’t know at that moment was that the guy at the supermarket was going to walk into my life with no intention of leaving anytime soon.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------

Helloooo (:

Thank you so much for reading! :) I hope you liked it!

I will be posting at least one chapter per week since SUMMER IS HERE and I HAVE FREE TIME! :D

Please Vote and Comment ;)

Have a nice day/night everyone! <3

P.S: I know that transparent eyes don't really exist; it's fictional.