chapter nine

My heart literally just broke in two. My breathing was becoming scarce. Tears were threatening to pour out. My best friend of 4 years had tried and succeeded in hooking-up with my best friend/boyfriend. I was furious. My blood was boiling inside of me. I felt like screaming my head off but I didn’t I stood there shaking and crying. Tears racing down the sides of my cheeks. 

"Caitlyn isn’t here yet. Her mum probably took her." Luke said.

I heard the other boys agree. They all started making their way over towards the exit. To where I was standing silently crying to myself. Luke turned around and was face to face with me. 

"Caitlyn how long have you been standing there for?" Luke asked me.

"Long enough to hear what you all were talking about" I said trying to calm down.

"I’m so sorry Caitlyn. I didn’t mean to hook-up with her!" He said in a rush.

"Luke, I’m not angry at you. I’m furious at Cassie. How could she do that!" I screamed with tears pouring out from my eyes.

"No, I am sorry. I should’ve told you. Cassie was trying to-" He began but I cut him off. 

"Trying to have sex and hook-up with you I know but I don’t want her drunken ways get inbetween us." I smiled frantically wiping away my tears.

 We made our way to the party. Luke and I hand in hand. We reached our destination and went inside. It reaked of alcohol. Everyone was already getting drunk. We all split apart except for Luke, Jai and I. 

"Why aren’t you drinking?" I asked the twins.

"We don’t drink often" Jai said into my ear.

"Me either" I screamed trying to get heard over the loud music.

"I’m thirsty, I’m going to get a drink" I smiled.

I made my way towards the kitchen to get a drink of water. I was walking back to find the boys but they weren’t there. I was walking around trying to find them when someone grabbed hold of my arse.

"Hey sexy, wanna dance?" His voice beamed.

I could smell the foul stench of alcohol in his breath.

"I have a boyfriend" I simply stated.

He laughed before grasping my hips and swaying them with the music. 

"Please, I have a boyfriend and have no intention of cheating on him with some guy" I said turning to face the boy. 

My jaw dropped when I saw the guy. 

Beau.