run into

credit livinginafantasyw0rld

It was a pretty day. You called up your friend, Ashley, and you both decided that you wanted to go to the pier today. You normally didn't like going to the pier during the day because that was when all of the bratty kids were around, trying to beat you at all of the arcade games. But you figured that you could get a nice tan so you were up for it.

Dressed in high waisted shorts, a tank top and sandals, you and Ashley walked down the beach to the pier.

"Since you got me up early, I haven't gotten any coffee yet. Can we go get some?" Ashley asked. You nodded and walked down the pier. As you were opening the door to Coffee Bean, someone was going out. You didn't seem him and you both paused awkwardly to see who would go through the doorway first.

"Go ahead," you both said at the same time.

"You were here before me." You said to the guy. His hat covered up his hair and his sunglasses blocked his eyes, but you could tell he was pretty cute.

"Ladies first!" He replied.

"While you two flirt, I'm going to get my coffee. Iced coffee, right?" Ashley pointed to you. You backed out of the doorway, letting the guy out and Ashley in.

"I'm sorry that I made that awkward," you stuffed your hands in your back pockets.

"It was all my fault. Do you come here often?"

"What? Is that some cheesy pick up line?" A smile spread across your face.

He held his chest and pretended to look hurt. "You think I would do that?" A chuckle came from his mouth and you could feel yourself warm up to him already. "Nah. You just don't look like a California girl."

"What? Bleach blonde hair and a too tanned body?"

'Somewhat like that."

"I was born and raised here. Surprised I haven't seen you around."

"I'm Jc."

"Y/n. Very nice to meet you, Jc."

"Likewise."

For the next few minutes, you both continued to talk about living in California. This Jc guy, he sure was funny. Ashley returned with your iced coffee and was shocked to still see Jc standing there and you laughing with him. "I didn't realize you guys would become best friends while I was running to get coffee."

You rolled your eyes. "Don't mind her. She's cranky before she gets her coffee."

Ashley motioned to her own coffee. "Sorry. I didn't like the fact that I was being dragged out of bed to come to the pier."

Instead of arguing with her, you turned back to Jc. "So are you here alone?"

"I'm with a group of friends. I should really get back to them." You frowned. You didn't want him to go. He was funny and made you feel good. "How would you like to hang out with us today?"

You looked over at your best friend, who had been constantly sipping on her coffee as you talked, with a smile. She just shrugged.

"We'd love to!"