Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Sweat and tears covered my face as Rhys and O'Neil pulled me back from the edge of the structure. He could swear hat O’Neil hit her, how could she be gone…where is she?  I had at least a dozen emotions running through my body making me a nervous wreck, I slowly sunk to my knees. “Derek?” I heard O’Neill behind me but there was nothing I could say, nothing. I felt Rhys’s hand on my shoulder.  "Let her go Derek, let her go."

 Scene change

 The funeral for Sky was dark, even god seemed to be mourning. The sky was dark and it smelled like rain in the air. As everyone started to make their way back to the vehicles the rain started, I didn’t move I just stood there starring at the gray slab which read, “Gone but not forgotten, although you have leaved this world your memory lives in within us, forever in our hearts. Rest in Peace Sky Pond.” The rain was starting to soak through my suit as I kneeled in front of her grave stone, tears streaming down my face with the rain. This is my fault I should have known it was Carter, I should have. I hung my head in despair. “I’m sorry Sky, I’m so sorry.” “It’s not your fault.” Came a small voice, I looked up and saw Rhys in black jeans, over her death note t-shirt she wore her wet trench coat. She chewed her lip slightly, “I mean you could have listened to me when I said it was Sam but it’s not your fault.” I looked back at the grave stone. “Let’s go you’ll catch a cold.” Rhys pulled up her long sleeve and held out her hand. I toke it and stood up. “Thanks Rhys.” She smiled and walked me back to my car holding my hand.

Scene change

I woke up the next morning to the ring of the phone.  "Hello" I answered.  "Derek!" William's voice came in loud and clear.  "I have been keeping track of all air ports since Sam disappeared and we had a hit on Sky’s passport being used-“  "You think it’s Sam?!"  I leaped out of my chair.  "Yes Derek, but we have reason to believe that Sam is using Sky’s identity to get out of town.  And since Sky's death has been kept confidential for the moment, because we don’t want people to know that we  have a serial killer on the lose. I'm afraid they let Sam get away with it."  William explained.  I sighed.  "Where is she headed?" I asked.  "Sam is headed out of the country, and I'm afraid it’s Manitoba, Canada.  We have contacted the......" CLICK! I hung up the phone, quickly grabbed a bag throwing some stuff in and headed to the air port.

 Scene change

I entered the Zere airport and looked around. It was a pretty small airport surprisingly it did do international flights. I quickly walked to the ticket desk seeing a young lady behind it. “How can I help you sir?” “One ticket for the next flight to Cana-”

 "Make that two tickets to Canada please."  I looked beside me and saw Rhys with her long trench coat and dragging along her suitcase, coming to a to  beside me retrieved the two tickets. “William told me that Sam leaved to Canada under Sky’s ID and I bet you were going after her.” She grinned and I smiled slightly. “You are not doing this alone Derek.” I quickly picked up my bag and walked to security, finding Rhys’s hand in her sleeve and squeezed it. “Thanks.”  I whispered in her ear and she smiled blushing slightly leaning slightly against me as we got to security.

We’re coming for you Samantha Carter, there is nowhere you can hide.

THE END