Chapter 9

Chapter 9 (Derek)

                I stood there confused. “You have no proof!” I yelled realizing that everyone had focused on me. “I have plenty of evidence.” Rhys argued. “This is bullshit!” I said pulling the keys of the handcuffs from my belt. Rhys snatched the key from my hands. “We will put this on trial, but for now Miss Carter will be in jail.” “You’ll never get away with this.” I said. Tric interrupted, “Derek is right we have no proof to Samantha’s guilty.” He pulled Samantha’s sleeve up to examine her wound. “What happened to your arm?” he asked “I burnt it on the oven when I was warming up the curly fries yesterday.” She said looking bored. Rhys looked like she was about to explode with a huge lecture that would bore as all to death. So before she could start O’Neill un cuffed  Samantha while Emily led Rhys out of the room. “I’m very sorry for that.” O’Neill explained. “She is just on a lot of drugs.” She nodded rubbing her wrists before turning around and walking out.

                That afternoon I sat at my desk with the family phone numbers of all the deceased. I sighed and picked up the phone dialing the first number and waited. On the very last ring an old woman answered, “Helooooo.” She said slowly. “Hello ma’am, I called to inform you that your grandson was murdered.” I paused. “I like grapes.” She said and hung up. I sat there with the phone to my ear, I put grape woman beside the number and dialed the next number on the list….

                Two hours later and all I found out about Beverly’s family that they like grapes. My skipped to the clock, 1800. I’d been there for at least an hour overtime. I sighed and walked out of my office. Rhys was standing in the middle of the room. “Hey…” She said weirdly. “Hi.” I replied. “I just want to apologize from my previous actions.” She said while playing with the long sleeves of her trench coat. “Oh no problem, next time make sure you have better evidence before you start going off arresting innocent people.” I said grabbing my black sweater from the hanger. “Ya she said, that’s when something got to my head. “Hey you want to hear a song.” I smiled. “Sure.” She said a little embarrassed. I grabbed my zipper and started an annoying zipping sound with it while saying: “Waz up dog, Waz a waz up dog.” Rhys started laughing reliving her tense shoulders before she truned and walked out.

                I chuckled slightly as I locked my office and walked out of the building. I glanced up and saw a mysterious black car drive by. I walked to my car and started following the car keeping a distance from it. The car turned into a back road and then disappeared.